GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Looks like MS aren't the only ones...."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/09/05 at 15:17
Regular
... [URL]http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=11476[/URL]
Fri 16/09/05 at 09:47
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> No, overheating = melting.
>
> Unlike with the Xbox fault, there's no mention of these faulty
> supplies starting fires.

It depends though.
If your sokcet is near a stack of paper or something (What? You never know), it's definitely a fire hazard.
Thu 15/09/05 at 07:59
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Did you get your PS2 to do that calculation for you? :)

I would have done, but at the time I was worried the adaptor might melt. I just checked the details though and it turns out that I missed the manufacture date by one month - its in the safe zone, 2005.01 (for now anyway).
Wed 14/09/05 at 17:45
Regular
"8==="
ssxpro wrote:
> I wouldn't worry, I don't think that many have been sold yet :)

Did you get your PS2 to do that calculation for you? :)
Wed 14/09/05 at 08:47
Regular
Back on topic, my PS2 adaptor may also be affected, but I didn't write down enough info about the adaptor before coming to work today. The PS2 model number is certainly in the affected range though. I can't decide whether or not to replace it if its a potentially faulty one - I always unplug the thing anyway because I was never happy leaving the console on standby. Anybody else decided whether or not to get their's replaced?
Wed 14/09/05 at 08:19
Regular
I wouldn't worry, I don't think that many have been sold yet :)
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:31
Regular
"8==="
I hope my Xbox isn't the 1 in 10,000 with a problem. ;)
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:30
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I don't know if I can be arsed to send mine back. I don't use it that often and now I'll make damn sure that I unplug it whenever it's not in use.
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:21
"High polygon count"
The point is that there's no mention of the PS2 supplies catching fire at all.
Tue 13/09/05 at 22:31
Regular
"\\"
There's no mention of the Xboxs causing any fires outside of the console.

Where as the PS2 is on the outside. Probably more dangerous.
Tue 13/09/05 at 22:20
"High polygon count"
No, overheating = melting.

Unlike with the Xbox fault, there's no mention of these faulty supplies starting fires.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.