GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pre amps are the way to go?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/09/05 at 12:58
"Was the man of marz"
Basically, got an alrightish setup but the one drawback is the mic. It's not really got the sensitivity I would like. Therefore everything I record has to have the gain increased. Looking at pre-amps it seems some of these do that job (ie: audio buddy) and I was just wondering what others experiences was of going down this route was
Mon 19/09/05 at 15:11
Regular
"you've got a beard"
vocal or instrument mic?
either way, if it's not sensitive enough, buy a better one. Pre-amps CAN do the job, but it's better to have a better signal than to have to tinker with a crap one.

"you can't polish a tu*d"
*=r.

swear filter nazi.
Thu 15/09/05 at 13:15
Regular
"SOUP!"
I really.... don't know.

You've gone outta my depth there man.
Wed 14/09/05 at 16:58
"Was the man of marz"
A condenser is a more snesitive mic (used more for instruments). The only problem with a dynamic mic is that the closer you are the more feedback you get. Hence with mine I thought a preamp might boost the range the egt rid of the problem
Wed 14/09/05 at 10:25
Regular
"SOUP!"
Is that one of those fly-swatters you stick in front of the mic?

Any of the big music companies make decent mics. You say your mic isn't sensitive at a distance? It isn't a dynamic mic is it? They're designed to pick up only sounds very close to them to avoid it picking up background noise and making the level clearer.
Mon 12/09/05 at 18:33
"Was the man of marz"
Can't find any for sale. My mic isn't bad it's just not that sensitive at a distance. Maybe I need one of those condenser jobbies?
Mon 12/09/05 at 14:34
Regular
"lets go back"
Ive got a stagg mic, its sooooo cool. Its silver and looks like a female love toy.
Mon 12/09/05 at 13:20
Regular
"SOUP!"
My friends band (decent band, got to the final cut of the Futuresound comp) used preamps for their recording so they could get each track individually recorded and edit it better later (ie raise levels on just 1 channel to make the vocals/drums/whatever stronger/quieter).

They're pretty useful. I'd also recommend a decent mic, if you'rs isn't especially sensitive it's probably pretty crap. I use a Stagg mic in my band which has a switch on it to alternate the strength of the vocals.
Mon 12/09/05 at 12:58
"Was the man of marz"
Basically, got an alrightish setup but the one drawback is the mic. It's not really got the sensitivity I would like. Therefore everything I record has to have the gain increased. Looking at pre-amps it seems some of these do that job (ie: audio buddy) and I was just wondering what others experiences was of going down this route was

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.