GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 5 - Xbox or 360?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/09/05 at 18:12
Regular
"Long time no see!"
As some of you may be intrested to hear, I bought myself an Xbox off eBay last night! :D Halo, Ghost Recon 2 (which I'll probably sell :P ) and Midtown Madness came with the one controller, and it suddenly went from £35 to £50 in a 'bidding war' of the final minute.

I also got SEGA GT/JSR Future for £5 (inc. p&p!) and the GTA double pack (£15), I was happy to pay that price, you can get it for £25 brand new.

Anyway, back to the main topic here:

I've seen some sites listing the game for the '360 only.
Some sites have it down for the Xbox.
And then, there are those listing it as available to pre-order for BOTH consoles?

But I just need to know NOW - is Pro Evolution Soccer 5 set for release on the original Xbox?

I don't plan on buying a 360, but I've longed for a decent footy game since Winning Eleven 6 (GameCube, JAP import). PC gaming doesn't interest me and I don't want to be seen anywhere near a PS2!

If it's not set for release on the original console, then I may as well get Pro Evo cheap off eBay, or even brand-new from various sites for only £15.

I've also noticed you can get Fable brand-new for £20 and Shenmue II is another I'm after - despite having played both games to death on the Dreamcast. I'd like to see how the DVD story works and to have an English-speaking version, that's my other excuse - not that a game like SHENMUE should require such a thing!

*I always use gamestracker.co.uk to find the best new prices. ;)

---

Are there any other adventure/role-playing/action games you could reccomend me, taking into account that shooters and games like Halo aren't really my cup of tea?

What about some decent racers too? (Already have Burnout 2 on 'Cube).
I remember being interested in BC at some point, but heard it turned out crap?

Well, if you can only answer my main question, that's good enough for me.

Thanks very much!
Sat 24/09/05 at 13:37
Regular
You Loon, Pro Evo 4 is fantastic online. It had problems at first, but they are all sorted now.

As for the controller it just what your used to playing with - I tried playing a normal game on the PS2 and couldn't get any tricks to work, purely because I wasn't used to it (seemed too small and fiddly).

Anyway Pro Evo 5 is on Xbox, already ordered it and can't wait to play it.
Tue 13/09/05 at 19:09
Regular
After the debacle that was Pro Evo 4 on the Xbox I wont be buying another version for that system. I'll be getting the PS2 one this time around.

Rubbish controller, rubbish online mode and only running at 30fps instead of the 60 the PS2 version runs at to try to make the online play lag less, no thank you very much.

I hope they don't ruin the PS2 version of Pro Evo 5 with the same half-hearted online system.
Mon 12/09/05 at 22:23
Regular
Pro evo 5 is definitely coming out on the original xbox as i've already ordered it :)
Sun 11/09/05 at 20:44
Pro Evo 4 £9.99 on Play, get Forza its a good driving game...

As far as I know, Pro Evo 5 is a Xbox release somewhere between October and November. I've heard that it'll also be on the X360 but then heard it that was the next installment Pro Evo 6...

No official word I dont think!
Sun 11/09/05 at 20:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Avoid Fable, and um, buy some good games.
Sun 11/09/05 at 18:12
Regular
"Long time no see!"
As some of you may be intrested to hear, I bought myself an Xbox off eBay last night! :D Halo, Ghost Recon 2 (which I'll probably sell :P ) and Midtown Madness came with the one controller, and it suddenly went from £35 to £50 in a 'bidding war' of the final minute.

I also got SEGA GT/JSR Future for £5 (inc. p&p!) and the GTA double pack (£15), I was happy to pay that price, you can get it for £25 brand new.

Anyway, back to the main topic here:

I've seen some sites listing the game for the '360 only.
Some sites have it down for the Xbox.
And then, there are those listing it as available to pre-order for BOTH consoles?

But I just need to know NOW - is Pro Evolution Soccer 5 set for release on the original Xbox?

I don't plan on buying a 360, but I've longed for a decent footy game since Winning Eleven 6 (GameCube, JAP import). PC gaming doesn't interest me and I don't want to be seen anywhere near a PS2!

If it's not set for release on the original console, then I may as well get Pro Evo cheap off eBay, or even brand-new from various sites for only £15.

I've also noticed you can get Fable brand-new for £20 and Shenmue II is another I'm after - despite having played both games to death on the Dreamcast. I'd like to see how the DVD story works and to have an English-speaking version, that's my other excuse - not that a game like SHENMUE should require such a thing!

*I always use gamestracker.co.uk to find the best new prices. ;)

---

Are there any other adventure/role-playing/action games you could reccomend me, taking into account that shooters and games like Halo aren't really my cup of tea?

What about some decent racers too? (Already have Burnout 2 on 'Cube).
I remember being interested in BC at some point, but heard it turned out crap?

Well, if you can only answer my main question, that's good enough for me.

Thanks very much!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.