GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can some expert educate me about Guild Wars?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/09/05 at 15:25
Regular
"....."
Just to clarify - I’m a complete rookie with hardly any understanding at all.

I never played a game like this, but it seems these kinds of games are becoming all the rage.

Battlefield 2, WoW and Guild Wars (the first 3 games of this kind?) are the start of a new trend would you say?

This is just a multiplayer game right? No single player involved.

If so, what are the goals/your goal? Do you just get one character and stick to it. How does it work? What if you die? Are there levels?

Cheers to anyone who can help with my questions.
Tue 13/09/05 at 19:56
Regular
"....."
Cheers Chippxero and others.....
Mon 12/09/05 at 18:46
Regular
"Captain to you."
YAY's a mod at the Gas Powered Games forums just told me that the up coming patch will fix my saved game. :)

I'll just have to go back to another game in the mean time.
Mon 12/09/05 at 17:44
"Genius!"
I feel for you chip :(.
Hope that never happens to me.
Mon 12/09/05 at 00:08
Regular
WoW and Guild Wars are MMORPG's. Battlefield 2 is a FPS.
Sun 11/09/05 at 23:56
Regular
"Captain to you."
Guildwars is one of the prettiest RPG's graphically as i forgot to mention that.
Sun 11/09/05 at 23:42
Regular
also it lacked the art direction of the Diablo's.
Sun 11/09/05 at 23:41
Regular
I found it quite boring and repetative, one reason i stoped playing.
Sun 11/09/05 at 17:34
Regular
"Captain to you."
It's great apart from a bug that i have reported that has me stuck 1 chapater before the end of the game, completely stopping my progress and making me scream at my computer as i may have to start again.

Leveling is done alot better this time around it's more gradual, you have mega skillz that wipe out huge groups of people.

Theres 40-50 hours of the main story then about 100 side missions.

worth getting.
Sun 11/09/05 at 17:29
"Genius!"
I would recommend you to buy and try out guildwars, very good game seeing that you dont have to pay per month unlike other mmorpgs such as WoW.

What Dungeon siege 2 like chip, ive heard of it but dont have any idea what its about or like?
Sun 11/09/05 at 17:18
Regular
"Captain to you."
Guild wars you buy and then don't have a monthly subscription, you pick a character class and then enter the world.

In towns there are other human players to trade with and to team up with.

There are portals out of town which once you go through your team has the whole world to themselves.

There are levels but only up to 20, skills are earn't through quests and items are able to picked up from creatures you kill or to be purchased from a shop.

When you enter a town portal, you again will be with lots of other humans till you are ready for the mission or go off questing.

It's a good game but it is very much like a single player as there is a main story that you have to follow, just to get to team up with other humans if you want to.

If you are looking for a fun RPG and a cheap price then get guildwars, if not dungeon siege 2 is pretty good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.