GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game saves?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/10/04 at 18:01
Regular
"Optical"
I just got a crystal xbox to replace my launch day console. Im trying to copy my game saves on to a memory card and on to my new machine but for some reason i dont have a copy option just a delete one? Anyone know what could be up? Or of any other device i could try i know Datel make a few. Cheers
Mon 11/10/04 at 18:01
Regular
"Optical"
I just got a crystal xbox to replace my launch day console. Im trying to copy my game saves on to a memory card and on to my new machine but for some reason i dont have a copy option just a delete one? Anyone know what could be up? Or of any other device i could try i know Datel make a few. Cheers
Mon 11/10/04 at 18:07
Regular
"8==="
There's probably only a delete option because some of the saves are too big for the memory card.

I expect there's a way to transfer directly from one xbox HD to another (as they're basically PC HDs).
Mon 11/10/04 at 18:11
Regular
"Optical"
Cheers i thought it might be something like that its a mates memory card and just a little one. I need to do it tho ive got just over 100 game saves. I will get a bigger memory card and try. Thanks
Tue 12/10/04 at 06:55
Regular
Don't try and copy the entire game save - highlight a game, move right and choose to copy individual saves from that game. The main game icon will only have a delete option whereas the sub-icons have the copy option.
Tue 12/10/04 at 06:57
Regular
Oh, and you can't copy Downloadable Content.
Tue 12/10/04 at 21:52
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
I've just done the same but my release day xbox's hdd died.The guy in game I spoke to told me that lots of people were having to replace there original xbox's for one reason or anther.
Tue 12/10/04 at 22:27
Regular
"boom boom click"
By a console link cable and try that. It should work.
Thu 14/10/04 at 18:01
Regular
"Optical"
There is nothing wrong with my launch day xbox i just wanted a crystal one. I still havent tried it again yet but im sure one way i will be able to sort it out. I have to its alot of saves to play thro again!! Thanks for the help tho

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.