GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's the Prize For SSC 31"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/09/05 at 19:05
Regular
"Cool!"
Please tell me. I'm new to this site and I don't know much.

Do you win a game or something??
Fri 09/09/05 at 19:59
Regular
"relocated"
To be honest this whole forum completely passed me by so I've missed out on the whole short story competition thing. Seems like a good idea though. I got out of the habit of writing about 18 months ago and only really started again over the summer so entering regularly will hopefully give me some practice and motivation.

And the prize is good.
Fri 09/09/05 at 19:45
Regular
"Captain to you."
Winning or being a runner up in this is quite an achievement as there are some pretty skilled people on here.

Even if you never win you can at least take the advice that you're given and improve a lot, but of course this is assuming you want to improve and don't just ignore all comments that are critical of your work.
Fri 09/09/05 at 19:30
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Damn right, Glovey. Started my English Language course the other day and you really don't realise how much you get out of it until you compare your stuff with other people who maybe haven't written as much or as consistantly.
Fri 09/09/05 at 19:22
Regular
As Black Glove said, it's a moral prize. Although you haven't been here long you must have seen that these are normal users, hardly people who will just dish out games. (Goatboy excluded)

Anyway, you're not likely to win and you've had too many entries so I wouldn't worry about the prize just yet. And, in the words of J-42, it is an honour simply to know your writing skills are up to the challenge.

'Art for art's sake' is the closest analogy.
Fri 09/09/05 at 19:19
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Cool Boy wrote:
> That's crap!!!!!!

It's a good prize, because as you try to win these little competitions your writing skills improve. So the prize is: you become a better writer, even if you never win.
Fri 09/09/05 at 19:10
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
It's an honour.
Fri 09/09/05 at 19:08
Regular
"Cool!"
That's crap!!!!!!

:(

What kinda prize is that!!!!!!!!

Oh well.
Fri 09/09/05 at 19:06
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
No. You judge the next competition. (SSC32)
Fri 09/09/05 at 19:05
Regular
"Cool!"
Please tell me. I'm new to this site and I don't know much.

Do you win a game or something??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.