GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rainbow Six : Lockdown opinions......"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/09/05 at 15:24
Regular
Been playing this for the last 2 hours and.......I don't really know what to say.

Single player is awful, I mean really dire stuff. Graphically the game looks like SWAT : Global Assault and it plays like it as well.

What the hell have Ubi done?

The whole game just feels like a PS2 game. It looks ugly, not a patch on Black Arrow and it all just feels badly made and cruddy to play.

I haven't tried it online though, hopefully it'll be a different story.
Fri 09/09/05 at 19:52
Regular
You dirty git, I hate you.

:D
Fri 09/09/05 at 19:12
Regular
"Touched!"
hahaah..I got this for £15.99 in WHSmith..they made a mistake on the price so they had to give me it..what a bargain! :D
Fri 09/09/05 at 17:51
Regular
Just went and picked this up, I hadn't really planned to though. The single player doesn't seem too bad, but the AI on both sides is completely retarded, and often completely ignores you. Otherwise it seems quite different, and it seems like they worked hard to try and make the series fresher. I don't think it worked all that well though.
Fri 09/09/05 at 16:24
Regular
"hulagadoo"
so what class did you go? I only just went online and decided on commando, not really sure what im doing though :S
Fri 09/09/05 at 11:11
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Just picked this up, so should be online this weekend for fun n frags if anyones about?
Fri 09/09/05 at 10:13
Regular
It's not fair though - everytime I say to myself "Right, I'm going to play on the Xbox for once", I get this sudden urge to boot up WoW.

I don't like being addicted :(
Fri 09/09/05 at 09:33
Regular
"8==="
I should really just take you off my friendslist. :P
Fri 09/09/05 at 06:51
Regular
I'm tempted to pick this up - but like GR2:SS, I fear it'll go unplayed after I've parted with the cash.

Damn Blizzard.
Fri 09/09/05 at 00:06
Regular
My guy's gonna be a freaking meathead by the time I've fully upgraded him. The amount of different things you get as you advance means you're always gonna have something to aim for, which I'm sure will keep the game interesting.

One thing I'm happy about is having the addition of medics in the game has made Team Survival a lot more tactical and enjoyable again. There's also lot more varied paths through the levels, so it's not really a mad dash to get the kills anymore....well not as much anyway.

Only things I'm a bit dissapointed with (other than the graphics) is the gun selection. A lot of my favourites from RS3 like the G3A3, M16 and L85A1 have been strangely taken out the game. Infact there's a lot less guns on offer, which is quite annoying.

Oh and the selection of levels is a bit small at the moment, there's about 8 or 9 available. I'm sure Ubi will release a good amount of content though, eventually.
Thu 08/09/05 at 21:13
Regular
"8==="
Yeah having played the demo there's a lot of tactics and quick change of approches. When I had the cannister I was making sure the other guys were covering me, shouting out where the enemy was and telling them which door I was going to use to score the cannister.

Good stuff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.