GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Some recomendations/advise please..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/10/04 at 20:38
Regular
"lets go back"
My Xbox is on the way and ,as most of you have told me, I need to get LIVE in order to get the most out of it. So I've just singned up for broadband and a Live subscription etc. I just dont know what games to get. I'll be getting Project Gotham 2 with my LIVE kit and Im getting Fable for offline. I recon I could afford another game but im not sure what to get. Im probably wanting some sort of action game with guns and stuff. What are the most popular at the moment?

Also, (this is more important) I'll be wanting to have my Xbox in a different room to my broadband connection. Rather than having wires running down the stairs I'd like some sort of wireless thing. I really have no clue about this. I'm assuming i need 2 things, one plugged into my Xbox, one my internet connection. Could someone shed some more light on this for me? any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanx.
Sun 17/10/04 at 19:00
Regular
"lets go back"
*goes and pre-orders Halo 2*
Sun 17/10/04 at 00:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
You NEED to get Halo 2 when it comes out. Make that title your priority. ;-)

Other great Live games...

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow
Star Wars: Battlefront
Crimson Skies

Full Spectrum Warrior is good fun too. Other titles coming out on the run up to Christmas that could be well worth watching for are...

Kingdom Under Fire
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Pro Evo 4
Sat 16/10/04 at 23:58
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Crimson Skies is a very good game on LIVE, XIII also. Also pre-order Halo 2 because it will be an awesome game on LIVE. Have a look on eBay for Crimson Skies and XIII because they are going pretty cheap on there and will save you some cash for Halo 2
Sat 16/10/04 at 23:50
Regular
BURNOUT 3

It's better than PGR2.

As a whole, I mean. Not sure about online comparisons.
Tue 12/10/04 at 00:52
"I love yo... lamp."
Look at my Xbox Live FAQ thread for all the info you might need for connecting.

My recommendations for Live games are:

PGR2
Crimson Skies
Rainbow Six 3 or Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow
Ghost Recon or Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
XIII
RalliSport Challenge 2
ESPN NHL Hockey
Amped 2
Top Spin.
Mon 11/10/04 at 22:58
Regular
"8==="
Counter-Strike
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
Crimson Skies
Rainbow Six: Black Arrow
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Rainbow Six 3
XIII
Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow

Look at reviews for these games, all are good on Live to some degree (XIII probably being the least good). Without looking too hard you should be able to pick up 2 of these games for a total of 30/40 quid possibly less, definately less if you get them secondhand.
Mon 11/10/04 at 22:51
Regular
For wireless Xbox if you look back over the older topics you will see one called Wireless Network it will tell you in there how to use your Xbox wirelessly and as for online games I think everyone awaits Halo 2 but till then you could try Ghost Recon: Island Thunder,Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow and Unreal Championship. Played them all and tthey are all pretty good
Mon 11/10/04 at 20:38
Regular
"lets go back"
My Xbox is on the way and ,as most of you have told me, I need to get LIVE in order to get the most out of it. So I've just singned up for broadband and a Live subscription etc. I just dont know what games to get. I'll be getting Project Gotham 2 with my LIVE kit and Im getting Fable for offline. I recon I could afford another game but im not sure what to get. Im probably wanting some sort of action game with guns and stuff. What are the most popular at the moment?

Also, (this is more important) I'll be wanting to have my Xbox in a different room to my broadband connection. Rather than having wires running down the stairs I'd like some sort of wireless thing. I really have no clue about this. I'm assuming i need 2 things, one plugged into my Xbox, one my internet connection. Could someone shed some more light on this for me? any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanx.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.