GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It has gotten pretty quiet...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/06/01 at 18:55
Regular
....around the gaming industry now with only not very much anticipated games coming out for the PS2.

The N64 has had its lot about 2 months ago, The DC has brought out some breat games recently, and the PSX dosent really have much happening for it at the minute.

It has all gotten really quite.

But things should start to heat up quite a lot on the release of the GBA over here.

One question about the GameBoy Advance...why if its Universal and will work in any country, does it have to be released yonks after the release in Japan, it is not as if they have to make any major changes except maybe for the boxing.

Then by the time the XBOX is released things will still be pretty buisy about the GBA and then about the XBOX...only not as much. :-)

Then Later the GameCube will be released and things will go wild, over new games and a new NINTENDO console. Then pretty much things will go back to the way they are today.

Questions
_________

1.The XBOX games! IF the XBOX is about as powerful as a Pentium 3 700mhz then shouldn't the MICROSOFT XBOX games work on a decent fairly new MICROSOFT computer, because by the time it is released I will have a P4 1.5ghz and then I can just buy the games.

2.The GameCube will there be a new way of playing import games like the passport plus 3 or will it have to be chipped like the PSone?

3. The 64DD for the GameCube. Will this pheriral be released on the launch date of the GC?

4. What does this 64DD actually do? Is it like an expansion pak?

If you can when you reply to this topic can you please try an answer as many questions as pos.

Thanx

ZP!
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:55
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
....around the gaming industry now with only not very much anticipated games coming out for the PS2.

The N64 has had its lot about 2 months ago, The DC has brought out some breat games recently, and the PSX dosent really have much happening for it at the minute.

It has all gotten really quite.

But things should start to heat up quite a lot on the release of the GBA over here.

One question about the GameBoy Advance...why if its Universal and will work in any country, does it have to be released yonks after the release in Japan, it is not as if they have to make any major changes except maybe for the boxing.

Then by the time the XBOX is released things will still be pretty buisy about the GBA and then about the XBOX...only not as much. :-)

Then Later the GameCube will be released and things will go wild, over new games and a new NINTENDO console. Then pretty much things will go back to the way they are today.

Questions
_________

1.The XBOX games! IF the XBOX is about as powerful as a Pentium 3 700mhz then shouldn't the MICROSOFT XBOX games work on a decent fairly new MICROSOFT computer, because by the time it is released I will have a P4 1.5ghz and then I can just buy the games.

2.The GameCube will there be a new way of playing import games like the passport plus 3 or will it have to be chipped like the PSone?

3. The 64DD for the GameCube. Will this pheriral be released on the launch date of the GC?

4. What does this 64DD actually do? Is it like an expansion pak?

If you can when you reply to this topic can you please try an answer as many questions as pos.

Thanx

ZP!
Wed 06/06/01 at 19:15
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
You are totally right. The N64 hardly has anything ocming out for it all year. Obviously because of their concentration on the GBA and the GC. I thought that your thread might have been about no one being on the site but I see that more peple have arrived.
Wed 06/06/01 at 19:31
Regular
I think Nintendo have not released the GBA till now because they wanted to wait till the 64 is nearly dead but realease it before the GC and x-box, if you ask me it's a great time to realease it because PS2 is selling well but not great, Dreamcasts are not being made anymore and that it will be the newest and best thing on the market.All Nintendo fans will buy it (INCLUDING ME) because it's NINTENDO and nearly every one likes gameboy so the GBA will sell very well.It should boost GC sells aswell because the GBA has functions with it and if alot of people get one they might get the GC.
It could just be that Nintendo wanted to wait so there will be alot of games for it. The 64dd clipped onto the bottom of the 64 and it allowed add on disks to be put into it. Alot of games got released on it and it had internet functions but it never came out over here or America.
Wed 06/06/01 at 19:37
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Legendary Link, you said that all nintendo fans will buy it. Well, i'm a nintendo fan and i'm not going to buy it.
Wed 06/06/01 at 19:38
One of GBA's main selling points is it's backward compatibilty with GB and GBC games, which will certainly boost it's sales, and with a lot of great games currently confirmed for GBA, Nintendo could have another
'most successful console' on the hands.
Wed 06/06/01 at 19:39
Regular
well most will, anyway is that the only intresting thing to say about my post.I mean we could of had a good discussion.
Wed 06/06/01 at 20:37
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Legendary Link wrote:
> I think Nintendo have not released the GBA till now because they
> wanted to wait till the 64 is nearly dead but realease it before the
> GC and x-box, if you ask me it's a great time to realease it because
> PS2 is selling well but not great, Dreamcasts are not being made
> anymore and that it will be the newest and best thing on the
> market.

I read in a magazine that the GBA was held back because the GBC was doing unexpectedly well!
Wed 06/06/01 at 21:10
Regular
I said I think
Wed 06/06/01 at 21:19
Regular
Didn't i post something about this that was better?
Wed 06/06/01 at 21:28
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
1.The XBOX games!
> IF the XBOX is about as powerful as a Pentium 3 700mhz then
> shouldn't the MICROSOFT XBOX games work on a decent fairly new
> MICROSOFT computer, because by the time it is released I will have a
> P4 1.5ghz and then I can just buy the games.

Not quite. Clock speed of console means nothing when compared to PCs. For example, the DC is only 200 Hz, but you could never get soul calibur runnning at 60 hz on a P500! The reason is that consoles specs are the same everywhere in the world... if a game plays on the UK DC it plays on a Japanese one (ignore regional TV rubbish)! Therefore consoles can be maxed out. Now, on PCs, games must be made so that they can play on the lowest spec out... so a game that will run on a 1GHz, must also run on a P500... and must run on any grpahics card. For that reason consoles are far faster than they appear, and it is unwise to use clockspeed to compare machines... how about polygon number with full effects on?

2.The GameCube will
> there be a new way of playing import games like the passport plus 3
> or will it have to be chipped like the PSone?

Actually, to play imports on the PS2 u can either chip is, or get a gameshark that plugs in the back... so I expect a similar device to be made for the GC.

3. The 64DD for the
> GameCube. Will this pheriral be released on the launch date of the
> GC?

It's been and gone! In japan only! It was released with a few games, and online modes for one month to test ninty's network. The games weren't great, and the console has performed worse that the 32X and Mega Cd!

4. What does this 64DD actually do? Is it like an expansion
> pak?

It's like a disk drive (ie, a DD). It lets u put other shaped carts into it... these can contain games, and software like "Make a level in F zero" etc. It also had space for keyboard and mouse support, and allowed internet access for about 1 month.

Hope i helped u.

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.