GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil fans heaven"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Apocalypse'.
Mon 11/10/04 at 22:31
Regular
Resident Evil: Apocalypse was awful, damn bloody rubbish. Crap script, crap story, crap acting and crap special effects.

I loved it.

Unlike the first film we are suddenly presented with the game. Hurrah! Although the police station from the games is now a school we pretty much get an excellent move into the games. Oliveria, Nikeli, Jill Valentine and Barry Burton (although the latter vert briefly) from the games all appear and could that be Weskar at the end.

The story where Alice has been infected and now has special strength may seem dodgy to you, but those with good enough memory will be aware that was the original story to Resident Evil 4.

Also they Arkalane Mountains where the Mansion takes place is briefly visited, Nemesis looks like Nemesis and he says "STARS" even if it did enduce laughter from me and my friend.

A scene where RPD members (in the correct uniform and cars) and other special forces try to shoot down the Zombies is ripped straight from the over the car shooting scenes in Resident Evil 3. And alice towards the end drops her gun only to dive, catch it and shoot some opponents in the legs exactly as Claire did in Resident Evil: Code Veronica (although she shot an explosive cannester).

So although the film was crap, as a Resident Evil fan I loved every minute.
Wed 13/10/04 at 22:42
Regular
Cooky knows it.
Wed 13/10/04 at 15:49
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
As a huge Resi Evil fan I found the film highly enjoyable.

You can moan about lack of script, bad acting etc, but anyone remember the voice acting in the first game? hehe.

I'm a sucker for mindless entertainment at the moment, and if your not looking for the character depth from some epic film then you'll enjoy it. Seeing scenes taken from the various games was also good fun.

Just can't wait for the 3rd one now!

:D
Wed 13/10/04 at 15:08
Regular
As a film it was terrible, but I kept spotting stuff and turning to my mate who just got pis$ed off in the end.
Mon 11/10/04 at 23:16
Regular
"Jackpot!"
is it better than the first film because I was a bit disappointed with that lol.
Mon 11/10/04 at 23:02
Regular
"8==="
Good stories.

Crap gameplay.

"I'll just take half an hour to turn round before I run away"

Geni-ar$e.
Mon 11/10/04 at 22:48
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
I don't have anything constructive to add, but I really really hated the film. I had high expectations given how good the series of games has been (generally, with the exception of Nemesis)... so yeah, disappointed with the film.

*blinks*

*runs away*
Mon 11/10/04 at 22:37
Regular
Not at all, the movie forum wouldn't appreciate it.
Mon 11/10/04 at 22:36
Regular
"8==="
Wrong forum. :P
Mon 11/10/04 at 22:31
Regular
Resident Evil: Apocalypse was awful, damn bloody rubbish. Crap script, crap story, crap acting and crap special effects.

I loved it.

Unlike the first film we are suddenly presented with the game. Hurrah! Although the police station from the games is now a school we pretty much get an excellent move into the games. Oliveria, Nikeli, Jill Valentine and Barry Burton (although the latter vert briefly) from the games all appear and could that be Weskar at the end.

The story where Alice has been infected and now has special strength may seem dodgy to you, but those with good enough memory will be aware that was the original story to Resident Evil 4.

Also they Arkalane Mountains where the Mansion takes place is briefly visited, Nemesis looks like Nemesis and he says "STARS" even if it did enduce laughter from me and my friend.

A scene where RPD members (in the correct uniform and cars) and other special forces try to shoot down the Zombies is ripped straight from the over the car shooting scenes in Resident Evil 3. And alice towards the end drops her gun only to dive, catch it and shoot some opponents in the legs exactly as Claire did in Resident Evil: Code Veronica (although she shot an explosive cannester).

So although the film was crap, as a Resident Evil fan I loved every minute.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.