GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Iceage..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/09/05 at 20:03
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
Even though this is a sort of kids Dvd, i found it very amusing, the Shloth mostly, the way he lisps i find very funny!
What do you lot think of it?
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:25
Regular
"you've got a beard"
tnc wrote:
> [finding nemo]
> It actually did have some mildly amusing bits in it. I wasn't
> referring to the humour though, only that I thought the film was
> superior in general terms; such as the computer graphics, intuitive
> concept and overall execution.

sounds like you've swallowed a bad review and been sick a bit there mate.

1) obviously the graphics were better, Pixar are always pushng the limits and they have the machines to do it. the lighting in particular was subperb

2) intuitive concept? the story was as transparent and hackneyed as anything i've ever seen. predictable from the outset and i only made it past half an hour of the movie because i was studying the CG, the story was utterly contrived.

3) as for the execution, they executed it the same way anyone else affiliated with disney executes their story. they set the problem, they tug the heartstrings, they re-unite 2 key characters, they roll the credits, they sit back and wait for the dvd sales.

end of the day, it's a kids movie. But all most other pixar movies hae something in there for all ages, Nemo.. not so much.
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:19
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I thought IceAge was pretty good.
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:13
"period drama"
It's by no means awful ... rather good, in fact.
Although Shrek 2 is rubbish.
Wed 07/09/05 at 23:12
Regular
CDouch wrote:
> Ice Age is awful. I couldn't sit through the whole thing.
>
> ...Shrek 2 is pretty lame too.

I hate wannabe grown-up teens.

Ice Age is class, as is Shrek 2 :-D.

The Lion King is still the best western animated film ever, though. I'll exempt Manga from the reckoning because they're not aimed at ten year olds :-D.
Wed 07/09/05 at 23:09
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Ice Age is awful. I couldn't sit through the whole thing.

...Shrek 2 is pretty lame too.
Wed 07/09/05 at 22:56
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
Scrat is really funny in a way, right at the end when that volcano explodes, that look on his face had me on the floor!
Wed 07/09/05 at 22:16
Regular
It's good, but not a patch on any of the Pixar movies.
Wed 07/09/05 at 21:38
Regular
I think even kids would get many of the Burns/Smithers scenes, many of them aren't that subtle and are accompanied by pictures such as Burns flying through the window in Smither's dream.

Believe it or not though Disney do actually use a level of dark humour, such as references to events that kids just simply couldn't get (many adults can't comprehend the context, let alone the idea)
Wed 07/09/05 at 21:36
Regular
"Mozzy"
Toy Story is still the bestest.
Wed 07/09/05 at 21:34
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
tnc wrote:
>Some of the humour was quite clever and although it's target audience is >kids it maintains some of the very subtle Disney dark humour.

In my opinion the best kids movies/cartoons are the ones that have 2 levels of humour, the ones that have jokes that kids find funny and adults chuckle at as well as having adult jokes in them that kids won't get. The Simpsons is the best at this in my opinion, Burns/Smithers sexual suggestions make me howl everytime!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.