GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What would you do in this situation?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/09/05 at 10:13
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Got a job a TK Maxx working in the warehouse and started yesterday. The shift is 6.00am - 2.00 pm and 2pm - 10pm. I was put on the morning shift and because there is no buses running that early in that area I have to go on bike which takes 30-40 minutes.

Getting there was alright, but after working in the warehouse and coming back home, it really tired me out.

I decided to phone them up this morning to explain the situation that I didn't want the job as it was too far on bike and was too tiring when I got back home.

My shift manager then said she'll ask HR Manager if I can work permanent afternoon, so I can get the bus.

But thinking about it, I don'treally want to as it's a dead mans shift not being able to do much in the morning knowing you got work in the afternoon, and at night not being able to do anything.

Now I don't know what to say when she rings back later, as I should of told her that when I phoned up earlier.

What would you say?
Wed 07/09/05 at 15:59
"High polygon count"
I would have said put up with the cycling for a month, then when you have some money, get a minicab. Usually if you're a regular you can get a discount.

But it's too late now anyway, so... enjoy your new job! :-)
Wed 07/09/05 at 15:55
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Decided to pack it in all together as had a phone call from another application I sent for an interview Friday. It's only 5 minutes away.

There were some buses on before 6.00, but there weren't any going from Wednesbury to Bloxwich.

Cheers anyway guys for the advice.
Wed 07/09/05 at 13:07
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Get a better job.
Wed 07/09/05 at 12:55
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yeah just go on the bike and you'll get super fit and super healthy, and have a nap when you get home at 2pm. Also, there aren't any buses at 6am? Where do you live?!
Wed 07/09/05 at 11:56
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I could never do shift work, always used to screw up my sleeping pattern. If you need the money then you could do it on a trial basis and see how it goes? but make sure you tell them that.
Wed 07/09/05 at 11:39
Regular
"Better Than You"
Keep the morning shift, but in the afternoon get on the bus with your biker back home.

You may look extremely lazy but at least it'll save you the energy for riding another half an hour.
Wed 07/09/05 at 11:31
Regular
change your sleeping hours so your afternoon becomes your morning.
Wed 07/09/05 at 11:13
Regular
I can assure you that working earlier will be much better for you in every singel way than working 2-10.

I do a 2-10 shift every Saturday and it's awful.
Mind you, I work in the bakery at Sainsbury's *ugh*
Wed 07/09/05 at 10:30
Regular
Stick with the morning shift and start feeling the benefits of all of the cycling, mp3 played turned on and you're sorted. Earlier shift is far more appealing than a 2-10.
Wed 07/09/05 at 10:26
Regular
"8==="
Alternatively: see if you can split your shifts with a friend and try to get the later half of the morning shift (or earlier half of the later one if it's too late).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.