GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The best DVD menu"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/06/01 at 17:39
Regular
Which DVD menus do you like? OK, it's kind of an obscure topic, but it was triggered by the menu on the Spinal Tap DVD which is really funny.
Thu 07/06/01 at 13:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The Spinal Pap one is well funny. Both the pods and the foily cucumber.
Thu 07/06/01 at 08:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"Salival" by Tool.

A music DVD, with all 4 (+ 1 hidden) music videos.

Atmospheric, oblique, dark, everything Tool is.
Wed 06/06/01 at 22:18
"possibly impossible"
The Blade menu is quite nice, with all the dripping blood and such, but apparently it's not a patch on the US version.

Both Austin Powers discs are quite funny, with all the little comments on the second one and the 'hidden' Evil menu.
Wed 06/06/01 at 22:16
Regular
Ghostbusters...
Wed 06/06/01 at 19:41
Regular
"Whatever!"
I quite like the X-Men!! Or Charlies Angels!!
Wed 06/06/01 at 19:17
Regular
"Kiss my face!"
I would have to say that the best DVD menu has to be that of any of the discs in the Snatch DVD. But in my opinion, the second disc is the best of the two. This is because of the fact that there are 4...yes count them 4 easter eggs hidden on it. The first can be accessed by Highlighting "Making Of Snatch" Then by pressing UP twice you see a musical note. This gets you to a secret screen where you can get Doug's mobile ringtone and also while in here if you highlight Doug's face in the left hand side of the screen and select it, you hear Doug say F*** **F to you. Also by pressing UP three times instead of twice you get a $ sign. Pressing enter here will take you to another secret screen which shows you what the fines were to each actor in the film if the got up to any naughty business. If you select the second page of features and highlight "B-Roll" and press UP twice again you get a ! symbol. In here you can view all the swearing and violence of the film in one go(It asks you first of all if you are easily offended. If you aren't then you hear the swearing properly, but if you are then it will bleep them out...reminiscent of a Jerry Springer show). Anyway if you press UP three times from "B-Roll" you get some highlights from the movie. The fun doesn't stop there though. This is because if you have always wondered what the Brad Pitts "Pikey" character called Mikey is actualy saying, on the first disc with the actual film on it, make sure nothing is highlighted...ie pressing up a few times and then press enter. Now you will be taken to a screen to turn on special subtitles that allow you to see what the Pikey is saying. The good thing about this is that it doesn't show you the subtitles for any of the other characters but only appear when Mikey is speaking...which if you are like me enhance the film a lot due to the fact that I am not left with a perplexed face every time I watch it and dont understand a word he is saying.
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:37
Regular
Ghostbusters or House on Haunted Hill.

Ghostbusters for the Stay Puft Marshmallow man walking around. Or the House on Haunted Hill, just for being spooky.
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:35
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
well.. out of the ones I have seen. Romeo must Die is pretty good. I like the punch sounds everytime you put a mouse over a button and it matches the mood of the film.
Wed 06/06/01 at 17:39
Which DVD menus do you like? OK, it's kind of an obscure topic, but it was triggered by the menu on the Spinal Tap DVD which is really funny.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.