GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"City to replace shirts"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/09/05 at 11:20
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Fresh from the sale of David Connolly to Wigan Athletic, Leicester City have offered to replace any new JJB-branded shirt recently purchased at the Club Megastore or online at www.lcfc.com, with "CONNOLLY 8" printed on the reverse.

Chief Executive Tim Davies said: "Having young children myself, and Connolly fans at that, I understand the disappointment not only at the sale but particularly for those fans who had purchased shirts with CONNOLLY 8 on the back.

"Therefore, Leicester City wishes on this occasion to replace these shirts despite the fact that the club's shirt printing policy states that if a player leaves the club, shirts will not be changed.

"I would also like to stress that there had been no contact from Wigan before Tuesday, August 30 and all paper talk prior to this date was pure speculation."

All fans who want to change their "CONNOLLY 8" shirt purchased from the City Megastore or www.lcfc.com should come to the City Megastore before the end of October with the shirt and also proof of identification and the shirt will be replaced.

The club will keep the Connolly shirts and give these to a local or overseas charity.

Erm so does that mean I can have my shirt with Dickov on the the back changed? Because as in the same situation as Craig when Dickov said personally he was going nowhere (Connolly kept quiet on whether he was staying or going it was Tim Davies who said he was going nowhere) I had his name put on my back, so same situation different player - It was a few seasons ago now and the shirt has changed but does it mean I can get my shirt changed...
Tue 06/09/05 at 20:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
What a great gesture from such financially-stricken Championship club (on comparison with a Premier League side's millions, anyway).

No, I doubt we'd see the same offer were even a club like Chelsea to have let Crespo, as an example, go very early on in the season. :P

(I wonder how many Arsenal fans "christened" their new home shirts with "VIEIRA 4", just out of interest! :D )

Something way back in the deepest part of my mind is telling me Coventry City did this a few years back with Robert Jarni, when he joined them, but then didn't join them anymore. Although, I may just have memories of all the unhappy Brummies going into the new season with 'duff' shirts.
Tue 06/09/05 at 18:32
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
That's the first time I've ever heard of a football club doing something like this!

It makes me wonder if when he says Leicester City had no contact with Wigan before 30th August he's telling the truth or not?
Tue 06/09/05 at 16:16
Regular
I guess it'd be for new shirts only.
Tue 06/09/05 at 11:20
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Fresh from the sale of David Connolly to Wigan Athletic, Leicester City have offered to replace any new JJB-branded shirt recently purchased at the Club Megastore or online at www.lcfc.com, with "CONNOLLY 8" printed on the reverse.

Chief Executive Tim Davies said: "Having young children myself, and Connolly fans at that, I understand the disappointment not only at the sale but particularly for those fans who had purchased shirts with CONNOLLY 8 on the back.

"Therefore, Leicester City wishes on this occasion to replace these shirts despite the fact that the club's shirt printing policy states that if a player leaves the club, shirts will not be changed.

"I would also like to stress that there had been no contact from Wigan before Tuesday, August 30 and all paper talk prior to this date was pure speculation."

All fans who want to change their "CONNOLLY 8" shirt purchased from the City Megastore or www.lcfc.com should come to the City Megastore before the end of October with the shirt and also proof of identification and the shirt will be replaced.

The club will keep the Connolly shirts and give these to a local or overseas charity.

Erm so does that mean I can have my shirt with Dickov on the the back changed? Because as in the same situation as Craig when Dickov said personally he was going nowhere (Connolly kept quiet on whether he was staying or going it was Tim Davies who said he was going nowhere) I had his name put on my back, so same situation different player - It was a few seasons ago now and the shirt has changed but does it mean I can get my shirt changed...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.