GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Last Days"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/09/05 at 23:18
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/review.php?id=104[/URL]

Very odd film, based on the final days of Kurt Cobain only it's not Kurt Cobain, it's a guy named Blake. It's a Gus Van Sant movie which means lots of semi-pretentious shots of scenery and people doing nothing in particular, but it's got a strange haunting quality - watching Cobain (it might as well be him) drift aimlessly around his abandoned mansion in almost complete silence, punctuated only by his incoherent muttering, is pretty eerie.

It'll stay with you for a while, but it's frustrating as hell to watch. Worth it, though.
Tue 06/09/05 at 18:41
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Or, you could "watch it at the cinema" *wink wink* like I did...

That should hold up in court.
Tue 06/09/05 at 18:38
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Sounds a bit like Gerry from what I've read. Which I liked, so I may check it out...on DVD.
Tue 06/09/05 at 17:17
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Gus Van Sant owes me about £10 for both times I rented one of his ponderous attempts at being artful, only to leave me bored and mildly annoyed at myself for bothering.
Baz Luhrman is a more interesting big gay arthouse director, and he doesn't linger on semi-naked pubescent boys so much.
Tue 06/09/05 at 15:33
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Apparently his manager was heard to say, after their Reading appearance, "I didn't even know they had an hour's worth of music..." Sums him up really. They would have been at the Oasis gig I went to but Pete was too busy getting a hit on a train (not hit by a train, which would have been preferable).

But yeah, strange film.
Tue 06/09/05 at 12:12
Regular
Oh my god, Pete Doherty's ringing his babyshambles outfit to me, here.

It could be my last chance to see him before he dies next year.

Assuming he lives long enough to make the gig.

Meh, I don't know if I care. Mostly I don't, but he's the biggest name to play here since before last christmas.
Tue 06/09/05 at 05:01
Regular
"I was too young to weep for Cobain when he killed himself in ’94, and I’ll be too old to cry for Pete Doherty when he kicks the bucket next year"

Hehehe, very good :^)
Mon 05/09/05 at 23:18
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/review.php?id=104[/URL]

Very odd film, based on the final days of Kurt Cobain only it's not Kurt Cobain, it's a guy named Blake. It's a Gus Van Sant movie which means lots of semi-pretentious shots of scenery and people doing nothing in particular, but it's got a strange haunting quality - watching Cobain (it might as well be him) drift aimlessly around his abandoned mansion in almost complete silence, punctuated only by his incoherent muttering, is pretty eerie.

It'll stay with you for a while, but it's frustrating as hell to watch. Worth it, though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.