GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Flooding In somewhere other than America..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/09/05 at 18:51
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4214390.stm[/URL]

Nice to know when America (a nice rich Western country) gets hit with flooding the media rush to report it, but when it comes to China our media only give a rats business-end about their cheap labour and "OMFGZ!!! BRA SHORTAGE!11"...

*sigh*
Tue 06/09/05 at 17:39
But it's not. Therefore = redundant.

/1st world journalism
Tue 06/09/05 at 17:27
Regular
"Not a Jew"
The other week in Bombay there was 37 inches of rain - in one day! That's not normal, even for there. We get that sort of rain in one year. If it had been in the US it would be all over the news.
Tue 06/09/05 at 09:34
Regular
I agree with Sheepy, it'd be far easier to get a job reporting in America on an event like Katrina, as opposed to finding one where you are allowed to let the world know about things in China.
Mon 05/09/05 at 22:53
Regular
So you're saying it could have been ninjas with bees in their mouths?

I thought as much.
Mon 05/09/05 at 22:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
China isn't exactly open with it's information though is it?
Mon 05/09/05 at 21:55
Regular
If it was a flood of ninjas they'd report it.

Ninjas with bees in their mouths.
Mon 05/09/05 at 20:57
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
It is on a smaller scale granted, but it is still a major event by any standards...

The media probably just think "meh, another flood... We've already got a bigger one AND it's in a western country! Now if it were, like, a big explosion or... or a volcano! That'd get the public interest!"
Mon 05/09/05 at 19:52
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
It happened last Thursday!

First I've heard of it, then again this is the biased BBC.
Mon 05/09/05 at 19:20
Regular
Yes, I heard about this in the 'on the way' stage about a week ago.

Obviously rather smaller than the one in America, but you have to wonder how much that's thanks to China's enforced evacuation policy.

Also, pictures of people wearing those bike-mac things are always odd. But when they're sanding knee deep in water...
Mon 05/09/05 at 18:51
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4214390.stm[/URL]

Nice to know when America (a nice rich Western country) gets hit with flooding the media rush to report it, but when it comes to China our media only give a rats business-end about their cheap labour and "OMFGZ!!! BRA SHORTAGE!11"...

*sigh*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.