GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Very_Metal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/09/05 at 23:49
Regular
"Better Than You"
Are you still doing the FWA training acadamy - if so hows it going? I haven't seen an update in a while. If not . . . well . . . yeah.
Sat 03/09/05 at 23:49
Regular
"Better Than You"
Are you still doing the FWA training acadamy - if so hows it going? I haven't seen an update in a while. If not . . . well . . . yeah.
Sun 04/09/05 at 01:20
Regular
Thats because I joined and accidently suplexed him in warm-ups. Broke his collar bone. He'll be back in a couple weeks though.
Sun 04/09/05 at 11:19
Regular
"you've got a beard"
you wish ya steaming great pansy :D

yeah i'm still going. it's going pretty well, but as much as i love wrestling i have to remain realistic with my priorities, so if i've got university work or other responsibilities to attend to, they take priority.
one thing that needs to be understood is just HOW long it takes to reach match standard. i've been going about a year (usually every other week, but a lot of the time, the aforementioned uni work/life gets in the way) and still know relatively little in terms of actual wrestling. sure i know a fair amount of moves, but that's learning moves, not wrestling. i feel i would benefit from working with the more experienced guys however, i'm a fast learner and the less-experienced people (ie. me :D ) don't get shown much in terms of structuring a match, psychology, etc (plus i'm sick of getting the bottoms of my arms stretched and bruised to hell by people who still can't get armdrags right >:-| ). the trouble is that instead of being given pointers, we're told "come up with a match" and then told all the things wrong with it afterwards, which is fair enough, but if someone worked WITH us to plan a match, we'd know what NOT to do in the first place.

at the moment i'm hella poor so i'm working for the acadamy at their live events, doing camera mixing and other behind the scenes stuff, and for that they let me train for free... the trade off is that i now have other things to see to while the other guys are learning stuff. the acadamy's been in a bit of disarray lately as we were moving gym (the new place has a much higher ceiling so the high flying stuff is much easier to incorporate now) but it's all settling down again so training can get a bit more focused.

to be honest, i really enjoy doing it so i'm not even that bothered about making it onto the card at shows (although it WOULD be cool, but one of the main reasons i started is simply to get into better shape and feel better about myself. wrestling has given me more discipline, knowledge and focus in terms of working out and i must admit sometimes i'd rather just go and spend a few hours in the gym lifting then getting thrown around the place :D ) but i could probably do well as a manager or something that gets semi-involved and just takes a few bumps. the bottom line is that there are limited places on the show roster, and a lot of the other guys have been going for longer, making them more deserving of the place, my animation/video knowledge is being utilised so i'm getting experience (which will look good on the old cv) and i'm pleased just to be involved, it's a good atmosphere, a good bunch of guys n gals and even the bigger names (Birchill, Tighe, Williams, Storm, Fleisch, Shane) are all really cool as it's such a DIY attitude that everyone has respect for everyone elses contributions, whether they're inside or outside of the ring.

so there ya go, a bit of an update :D
i tend not to write updates much because:
1) as indicated, i have very little time to write loads about my exploits :D
b) i didn't think anyone would read them
iii) to avoid the "omg, u r homogay!!111" posts (cue kukgv and his cutting sense of humour :) )
Sun 04/09/05 at 12:35
Regular
"Better Than You"
You're still going good then.

Plus it actually gave me some thing interesting to read for about 5 minutes.
Sun 04/09/05 at 15:45
Regular
Wrestling is for gays
Sun 04/09/05 at 15:48
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Very_Metal wrote:
>
> so there ya go, a bit of an update :D
> i tend not to write updates much because:
> 1) as indicated, i have very little time to write loads about my
> exploits :D
> b) i didn't think anyone would read them
> iii) to avoid the "omg, u r homogay!!111" posts (cue kukgv
> and his cutting sense of humour :) )

Point iii - well predicted!
Sun 04/09/05 at 19:22
Regular
"you've got a beard"
kukgv wrote:
> Wrestling is for gays

i knew i could rely on you ya raging fagtard :D
Sun 04/09/05 at 20:38
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Very_Metal wrote:

> yeah i'm still going. it's going pretty well, but as much as i love
> wrestling i have to remain realistic with my priorities, so if i've
> got university work or other responsibilities to attend to, they take
> priority.
>

Thats where you differ to Matt Striker then :)

Although i wouldnt say thats a bad thing
Mon 05/09/05 at 11:43
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Matt Striker is a better athlete than me. simple as that.
if i thought i had a chance then i may well have decided to go for it, but i have to think long-term. i want to set my life up in the next 4-5 years and i'm not going to manage that through wrestling. there's no guaranteee i'll do it through animation either, but it's more likely :)
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:09
Regular
Very_Metal wrote:
> Matt is a better athlete than me.

Who isnt?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.