GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GC Uphill"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/10/04 at 18:47
Regular
Macini, you're so wrong mate.

Many of Nintendo's games don't just appeal to 'kiddies'. Games like Metroid Prime 2, Resi 4 and the New Zelda are games that will appeal to a vast audience and will be brilliant games.

And games like Pikmin 2 and Mazza may look like their for 'kiddies', but are bought by a audience ranging from young to old. And these games are not for 'kiddies'. Games like Pikmin 2 contain complex yet fun puzzles and challenges that can bring joy to much older gamers.

And you bought a PS2 (Shame on you) because they have 'have all the games at the minute'. GC doesn't loose out on massive amounts of games, they still have the big suppliers such as EA and Ubisoft that allow us 'Cube oweners to enjoy a wide range of multi-format titles. And many titles do eventually come onto GC, with extra features due to the lack of online play.

Plus Nintendo has the best exculsive series of the three hands down.

So Mancini, stick with your 'Cube and you can thank me at Christmas when you get to boot up some killer titles that will Only appear on the 'Cube.
Wed 13/10/04 at 13:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
There's plenty to play on Cube this year still - I can't afford all the stuff I want for it.

Xbox, all I want is Halo 2.
Wed 13/10/04 at 00:25
Regular
"Balls"
Yeah Tales would be my recommendation for Christmas as I really enjoyed it as I imported it, as I couldn't wait until Christmas when I could have got in July. Why wait for it to have extra languages I say when we speak that of the USA. Any good answers, that don’t involve Nintendo’s European thing as im taking away it money I don’t care as I can still import as I speak English and that’s what the Americans translate it into.
Wed 13/10/04 at 00:15
Regular
Half life 2, Tales of Symphonia and Metroid Prime 2 that's the games I'll get building up to christmas and then Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and Paper Mario 2 on christmas, good enough me thinks.
Note: I'm only getting Tales before Paper Mario because I'm dieing for an RPG like Skies after completing that a short while back.
Wed 13/10/04 at 00:08
Regular
"Bow to me!"
saved by the green alien again (kittens give morbo gas)

i have rome total war and warhammer and they are both great games. them and burnout 3 for ps2 are in my disk trays at the minute
Tue 12/10/04 at 23:56
Regular
"Balls"
I'm betting mine will as it’s new and I’m going to be playing FF11 on it.
Tue 12/10/04 at 23:55
Regular
After MP2, PC will get most of my attention over christmas, with HL2, Rome: Total War, Evil Genius, the new Warhammer one etc.
Tue 12/10/04 at 23:54
Regular
"Balls"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Only game worth owning this Xmas on Cube is Pikmin 2 IMO.
>
> The Cube line-up has been totally lacking any really killer titles
> this year and that's gonna continue until Zelda and Resi 4 come along
> next year.
>
> Paper Mario 2, Metroid Prime 2 might all be good games in your eyes,
> but they're very niche titles that will not appeal to everyone. From
> where I stand it's another dissapointing Xmas for Nintendo, let's
> hope it gets better next year.

Yep I don’t think there any other Xmas titles I would want this year. Not that many coming out. Most games I was thinking of where they will pass the time titles. Which just wont cut it this time, as I want to save some money this year for other things like my laptop payments.
Tue 12/10/04 at 23:53
Regular
Depends what you want.

Xbox has nothing for me, GC has about 4 games, 2 of which I already imported.
Tue 12/10/04 at 23:49
Regular
"Bow to me!"
i will get about 4 games and for which console will depend on what i fancy at the time. probably 2 GC and 2 PS2 but not sure yet. everything i say is blown out of proportion. i actually have 35 GC games despite most of you thinking i bought it without getting any games for some reason. i also think its funny how loads of people disagreed with me when i said its going downhill but when appledude says its going uphill loads of people disagree with him. crazy...
Tue 12/10/04 at 21:45
Regular
"0228"
Gamecube may have a smaller amount of games being released for it but how many games can you afford to buy at any one time anyway? Even though the PS2 may have ten or more games being released for it at christmas, the majority of PS2 owners will only buy one, as will Gamecube owners and Xbox owners. If no games at all were being released for the Gamecube, then there'd be a problem.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.