GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New xbox.....empty hdd"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/10/04 at 21:45
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Got myself a new crystal xbox on sunday as my other bust. I never evan thought about the hours and hours of music on there and the game saves, finished Halo on elite, project gotham1 fully finished ( that took me about a year!), project gotham2 finished on gold but with 38 platinum on the kudos world tour and golds on all the arcarde challenges, riddick almost finished, fight night finished with 5 boxers, bournout 3 maybe half way through, + some others. On a plus thou, my new xbox seems well is faster at times, it loads fight night in half the time of the old one, and the graphics are sharper (even my fiancee noticed this?) and the 5.1 sound is cleaner all round. My old box must have been really knackerd.
Thu 14/10/04 at 10:37
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I fixed my Xbox.

*proud/geek*

I changed the DVD drive. Oh yes.
Wed 13/10/04 at 22:33
Don't do that yet, take out the HD manually (see one fo the mode sites for XB for instructions), and put it in your PC for direct file transfer. You can then ftp the files to your new Xbox HD using an FTP client.
Wed 13/10/04 at 21:56
Regular
lcarus wrote:
> So you want to transfer your old HDD data to your new drive?

But i think the old drive is knackerd so im starting again.
Tue 12/10/04 at 23:24
So you want to transfer your old HDD data to your new drive?
Tue 12/10/04 at 22:05
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Sounds more like a corrupted BIOS to me. Tried without a disc in I
> take it?

Many times. A couple of times It made the same loud clicking sound It made just before It died, itwas coming from the hdd area.
Tue 12/10/04 at 22:00
"I love yo... lamp."
Sounds more like a corrupted BIOS to me. Tried without a disc in I take it?
Tue 12/10/04 at 21:57
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Is your old one completely dead?

Well it turns on and the green xbox thing comes up but thats it. Have had an in depth chat on the net to somebody that does lots of xbox repairs and modding, he recons its the hdd as well.
Tue 12/10/04 at 21:55
"I love yo... lamp."
The graphics are not sharper. Same internals. That didn't change. Could well load things faster, my Xbox with a Samsung drive loads Halo faster than my mate with a Thompson. Try getting a memory card and copy all the save game files over.
Tue 12/10/04 at 21:50
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
ITS COZ IT'Z BLACK INNIT!!!????!11
Tue 12/10/04 at 21:48
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Is your old one completely dead?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.