GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The F.A. working with planks of wood !"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/06/01 at 02:04
Regular
All these big plans for a new wembley stadium all talk and no action, They rip down possibly one of mankinds greatest buildings The wembly Stadium, and then they say we ran out of money !
Good job i got to go wembley and watch my team win there (Stoke City)
Or else i would be screwed now where to go Cardiff, so far we got rid of wemberly, we now dont have no wembley, no new stadium, just playing at Cardiff.
Were was the F.A. they got loads of money they could have put money back in to finish the job. Come on what does F.A. stand for Football Assoication anyone ? or F**king A$$holes
What a waste of money and that was proberly outta our taxes too :(
Now the great place is gone and nothing good has come out of it !
I rate someone pocketed the money for the finacial backing of the new stadium.
Because you just can't miss out that much money on the for the backing.

i'm working with planks of wood(lock stock + 2 smoking barrels)
Sat 09/06/01 at 03:31
wembely, wembley, where the famous Stoke city and Where going to Wembley !

couldn't resist :> lol
Wed 06/06/01 at 11:08
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I never made it to Wembley but I suppose the history kept it alive.
Wed 06/06/01 at 11:04
dan wrote:
> All these big plans for a new wembley stadium all talk and no action, They rip down possibly one of mankinds greatest buildings The wembly Stadium, and then they say we ran out of money !

We all have great memories of Wembley matches and the atmosphere it generated. However, the stadium was a nightmare. The facilities were appalling, too many seats had restricted viewing and the transport to and from the stadium was diabolical. Unless you are prepared leave 10 minutes before the end of a game you had to endure waits of over an hour before even getting to underground.

It was a bit sad to see Wembley being destroyed but in truth it was long overdue. The old Wembley does not compare with some of the modern stadiums we are seeing since the Taylor report.
Wed 06/06/01 at 11:03
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Wembley was a great stadium and I have no idea how they could spend 600m. Its a scheme to line their pockets I think.
Wed 06/06/01 at 02:56
They say the new stadium will cost £600m but how can they justify it. State of the art stadiums are being built around the world for a fraction of this cost. Darlington owner George Reynolds is building a 20,000 all seater stadium for around £7m and has questioned the cost of the Wembley project. Reynolds owns a building company who manufacture chipboard flooring and is worth millions and he knows the costs of labour, materials and running costs of a stadium. Surely this new stadium if ever built will be aimed towards the corporate members rather than true football fans. Tickets will be hard to get unless your prepared to pay the top rate because they will charge high prices to recoup some of the stadium cost and will want to use the stadium as often as possible for semi-finals and music events and probably anything else going. They will have to make sure that they can recreate an atmospere like the Wembley experience otherwise fans will feel cheated and the novelty of a great new stadium will wear off. It remains to be seen if there is a worthwile stadium project ongoing or whether the people who are in charge should all be sacked.
Wed 06/06/01 at 02:04
All these big plans for a new wembley stadium all talk and no action, They rip down possibly one of mankinds greatest buildings The wembly Stadium, and then they say we ran out of money !
Good job i got to go wembley and watch my team win there (Stoke City)
Or else i would be screwed now where to go Cardiff, so far we got rid of wemberly, we now dont have no wembley, no new stadium, just playing at Cardiff.
Were was the F.A. they got loads of money they could have put money back in to finish the job. Come on what does F.A. stand for Football Assoication anyone ? or F**king A$$holes
What a waste of money and that was proberly outta our taxes too :(
Now the great place is gone and nothing good has come out of it !
I rate someone pocketed the money for the finacial backing of the new stadium.
Because you just can't miss out that much money on the for the backing.

i'm working with planks of wood(lock stock + 2 smoking barrels)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.