GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Light gun compatible games... any ideas?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/06/01 at 01:34
Regular
I posted this before but in the wrong forum... hey, i'm tired, ok? :o) Anyway... i need to know what games are light gun compatible because i just bought someone a gun and want to get some games to go with it. I bought Time Crisis: Project Titan and might get Resident Evil: Survivor.. is it any good????? A lot of reviews says its rubbish.. so, if anyone can throw some gun compatible game names my way i'd appreciate it! Cheers!
Wed 06/06/01 at 01:34
I posted this before but in the wrong forum... hey, i'm tired, ok? :o) Anyway... i need to know what games are light gun compatible because i just bought someone a gun and want to get some games to go with it. I bought Time Crisis: Project Titan and might get Resident Evil: Survivor.. is it any good????? A lot of reviews says its rubbish.. so, if anyone can throw some gun compatible game names my way i'd appreciate it! Cheers!
Wed 06/06/01 at 09:09
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
The Point Blank games are my personal favourites.
Wed 06/06/01 at 09:44
Regular
"Back For Good"
Resident Evil Survivor is near unplayable with the gun.Use the controller.

These seem to be the good light gun games.

Point Blank 1,2,3
Time Crises
Time Crises Project Titan
Ghoul Panic
Wed 06/06/01 at 10:55
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Is Time Crisis or any of this series coming out for the PS2?

I've seen and played them in the arcades but never bought a gun for my PSx, have been thinking about getting one if one of these came out for the PS2.
Wed 06/06/01 at 11:30
Regular
"Back For Good"
Jive wrote:
> Is Time Crisis or any of this series coming out for the PS2?

I think so, I'd check namco.com just to check.
Wed 06/06/01 at 12:35
So you were tired does this mean you are looking for a light gun cause you want to rest your arms???
Wed 06/06/01 at 13:37
Regular
there is also a game called "rescue shot" its kinda like point blank.....
you would very lucky to get a hold of point blank 1 now its like gold dust
Wed 06/06/01 at 13:49
I have the original PointBlank, its a great game as is the sequel. TimeCrisis and TimeCrisis: Project Titan are also great game. Although theres not much difference in terms of playability between any of the PointBlank or TimeCrisis games.

I also like the Original Die Hard Trilogy game (The sequel isnt that good).

As for Resident Evil : Gun survivor which I rented yesterday, its terrible..very hard to control, and although their are puzzles and you can move around this adds nothing to the game as the route of the game is linear and so are the puzzles. Also the game is very slow.
I completed it on easy in 2hrs47 minutes, hard was too annoying mainly because you cant shoot things if theyre at your feet biting you...its also a pain to reload. Definately a game to be avoided...do yourself a favour by another game.

Rescue shot is suppossed to be a kids game, OK if thats your style :-)
Wed 06/06/01 at 14:09
Thanks for the help.. i have got Project Titan and will probably get Point Blank 3 as its just come out.. i just wondered if there were anymore story based games like time crisis because though point blank is fun, its just about improving your score and i wanted something with an objective.. thats why i thought about RE survivor but everyone in the world seems to say its crap apart from the sony site which says its a 'refreshing' addition to the RE series (surprise, eh? i think not..) As for me buying a light gun to rest my arms? wha???

Any more ideas anyone? Much appreciated!
Wed 06/06/01 at 16:18
Die Hard Trilogy is Story Based....your John (Bruce Willis) and you kill people saying Yipee Kiyay !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.