GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box Live."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/09/05 at 20:15
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Is it only £40 per year to subscribe to LIVE, or are there other costs involved?
Fri 09/09/05 at 19:38
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Best connection I can get around here is 1MB, and it's more expensive than the 2MB connection, so I'm not bothering with LIVE now.
Sat 03/09/05 at 19:06
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Okay, well I'm just gonna concentrate on getting broadband installed just now. I'll look into X-Box LIVE nearer the 360's launch, by then I'll have a decend connection to find out everything I need to know.
Sat 03/09/05 at 17:34
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Once you've got broadband you can do two things:

1. Buy a router and ethernet cable to play Xbox LIVE and use the computer for internet use. (Depending on your internet speed, you may experince lag.)
2. Buy an ethernet cable and connect directly to your xbox. This will enable xbox LIVE only.

Note: Point "2." is probably completely wrong, as I got LIVE two years ago and cannot remember.
Sat 03/09/05 at 14:14
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yea I know, but unfortunately I currently have the poorest Internet connection on the planet. Whenever I go onto the xbox site my computer crashes. Basically, any site that requires my computer to do any work is a no-no.

:(
Sat 03/09/05 at 14:05
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Most questions can be answered on XBox.com. Go into the XBox Live part and there should be a FAQ section.
Sat 03/09/05 at 13:56
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Not sure if I'll bother with those massive multiplayer RPG's, or whatever they're called. I'd love to race real people on PGR or Test Drive, and it'll be interesting to see how Saints Row will work online.

I know what Broadband package I'm getting now, and because I'm going to order online I get the modem for free, and free installation. Now I just need to see what other pieces of equiptment I need, and whether Microsoft will take my Debit Card as a form of payment for LIVE.
Sat 03/09/05 at 02:58
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Plus theres a chance that MMORPG's will charge you a fee. Phantasy Star Online was like £5 a month and theres rumours saying that Final Fantasy XI on the 360 will probably follow a similar charge.

Other than that though, you'll be able to play all the other Live games with no worries. :-)
Fri 02/09/05 at 21:19
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
gr13ve wrote:

> 1mb broadband at the least- im on 2mb from bt (£29.99) but it
> has a 30gb cap, not that ive ever reached that though.

Okay thanks. I'm looking at a 2mb connection with 15gb for £25 per month. Does that sound reasonable?
Fri 02/09/05 at 19:05
Regular
"Play me on Xbox Liv"
i pay £30 per yr for xbl and about 25 a yr for 512kb broadband but it it now unlimited and we can't upgrade but this is fine for us so it will cost quite a bit but it is worth it
Thu 01/09/05 at 22:07
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Lou Role wrote:
> Okay thanks. I'm gonna get Broadband installed as soon as I get some
> stuff through from BT. I want to go on LIVE with the 360 (I expect
> that to be more than £40pa), but I wonder what sort of
> connection I'll need for that, any ideas?

I dont think it will be more than £40 per year as all current subscribers to live are automatically made gold live members. Id say 1mb broadband at the least- im on 2mb from bt (£29.99) but it has a 30gb cap, not that ive ever reached that though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.