GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Told you so"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/09/05 at 19:43
Regular
[URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=8189[/URL]

I knew it'd be a hit outside of Japan causing a big DS sales boost.

[URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=8190[/URL]

More DS Propaganda!
Fri 02/09/05 at 00:45
"period drama"
I think the key to that post being utterly irrelevant is when you mentioned Woolworths
Fri 02/09/05 at 00:36
Regular
My local Woolworths had sold out by the end of the morning.
Thu 01/09/05 at 23:42
Regular
"The definitive tag"
gerrid wrote:
> but I guess if you've slept outside HMV in Oxford Street for 12 hours
> you're gonna have some screws loose somewhere)

Why people would do that I have no idea. When shopping today there were PSP's all over the place. I couldn't find a single shop that had any "sold out" stickers or anything.

Maybe they'd have told me they had sold out if I'd gone to the till to buy one, but I gave myself a firm slap to stop myself from what would have been a very costly impulse buy.
Thu 01/09/05 at 22:37
Regular
Hah, UMD movies are such a waste of money.
Thu 01/09/05 at 22:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Was in HMV today, the PSP was all over the place.

UMD movies for £22, and about a million PSPs on the shelves, as of 5pm.

Ahar.
Thu 01/09/05 at 20:16
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dringo wrote:
> Gaming is still seen as the fun medium whilst TV is the more
> influential one. I wonder if that is what the reviewer meant.

What? No, didn't you read my post. It was on the news, it wasn't a "review". he called it a childs toy! The PSP, and kept implying that gaming was just for children, despite the fact that all of the "gaming geeks" waiting for the PSP were over 25 (Although the people they interviewed did seem quite dimwitted:

"So what's so great about the PSP?"
"It's so nice to look at, and, er, it's cool to have the latest thing, you know, it's sort of like, it's cool to be the first with this sort of thing"

but I guess if you've slept outside HMV in Oxford Street for 12 hours you're gonna have some screws loose somewhere)
Thu 01/09/05 at 20:14
Regular
Good news I guess for the day the PSP launches. Then again, they are American figures. It probably guarantees it'll be a pretty huge success over here though.
Thu 01/09/05 at 20:14
Regular
Gaming is still seen as the fun medium whilst TV is the more influential one. I wonder if that is what the reviewer meant.
Thu 01/09/05 at 20:08
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I saw the absolutly worst article on the BBC London news last night about the launch of the PSP. The ridiculously uninformed reporter referred to every single gamer as "the gaming geeks", called the PSP "a child's toy" and inferred that gaming was nothing more than an electronic form of Duplo. Happily, the guy he interviewed (from T3 I think), actually knew what he was talking about, and criticised the launch line up and pointed out the fact that the music and movie playing facilities were more extras than main features. Still, it was pretty poor reporting from the BBC, making no DS - PSP comparisons at all, and making out that consoles and gaming were like toys. You wouldn't say that DVD players were toys, so how are consoles any different?

Still, it's nice to see Nintendogs doing so well, as hopefully it will encourage Nintendo to come up with more original IPs instead of reusing their existing ones.
Thu 01/09/05 at 19:45
Regular
"8==="
Good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.