GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Web Design costs?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/09/05 at 17:36
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Was just wondering what sort of prices those of you out there charge for web site design?

I've been asked a friend of the family to design a website for their restaurant. Not sure exactly what they want or expect the site to do but I suspect it will just be a few pages about the restuarnat, the food they provide and some contact details.
Maybe some other features to allow people to book online but not sure.

Just wondering what would be a fair price to charge for this. Or what you lot would charge?

Cheers
Fri 02/09/05 at 18:30
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Thanks for the info.

Will try work something out so that I'm getting a fair amount for the work I do.
:0)
Fri 02/09/05 at 17:27
Regular
Tyla wrote:
> Had to laugh today, anyone see Dabs.com had a £500,000 make
> over? For the money, it's not that impressive!;) (Thst's if you
> notice it in the first place)

It doesn't look any different =S
Fri 02/09/05 at 15:06
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
VenomByte wrote:
> £40/hour design, £80/hour programming. For work done at a
> professional level.

Was about to say something similar

£35/hour consultancy
£35 - £50/hour design/html
£75+ hour programming

Client of mine has just requested a "re-skin" of his site which should have been about £70 for 2 hours CSS work. Got the design through yesterday only to discover it's a total recode costing him £2500! Chuffed!;)

Had to laugh today, anyone see Dabs.com had a £500,000 make over? For the money, it's not that impressive!;) (Thst's if you notice it in the first place)
Fri 02/09/05 at 09:07
Regular
"smile, it's free"
£40/hour design, £80/hour programming. For work done at a professional level.
Thu 01/09/05 at 18:53
Regular
"Bicycle"
Meh, at best £1,000 with a proper bo' CMS and logos etc.

At worst, £100. HTML pages, no CMS, no images except for ones provided.

So around £400 for a mainly static site, possibly small CMS (TXP or the like), then possibly addition extras (£££) such as interactive menu (Restaurant, right?) and other fun things.

Essentially - depends how good you are at bargaining. (Nothing to do with your mad webdesign skillz - if you have them - just look at the rubbish "top" sites have, which cost £2000 ono.)
Thu 01/09/05 at 17:36
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Was just wondering what sort of prices those of you out there charge for web site design?

I've been asked a friend of the family to design a website for their restaurant. Not sure exactly what they want or expect the site to do but I suspect it will just be a few pages about the restuarnat, the food they provide and some contact details.
Maybe some other features to allow people to book online but not sure.

Just wondering what would be a fair price to charge for this. Or what you lot would charge?

Cheers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.