GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony PSP Vs NDS and GBA"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/10/04 at 17:04
Regular
"The Expert"
Sony Leads on first place because it's the greatest hand-held console with the memory card features and other software and the games for the sony psp:
-
Death by degrees
Enthusia
Garfield
Ico 2
Jackie Chan adventures
Kessen 3
Killer 7
Lego Star Wars
Monster Hunt
Rumble Roses
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
Tekken 5
The Godfather
The Movies
The Warriors
Time Spitters: Future Perfect
Ultimate Spider-man

About Gba tried they're best now they have Nintendo DS Featuring The Nintendo confirmed, They will create 20 official nintendo games and sony wont give now NDS a chance to steal they're greatest games.

Sony PSP will be around £200
Nintendo DS will be around £130

Battery File Sony PSP - 4 - 10 Hours
Battery File Nintendo DS - 10 Hours

Sony PSP Movie time to watch - 7 Hours
Nintendo won't feature dvd.

I made this topic to, Sony PS1 & PS2 Forum and, Nintendo - GC, GB, GBA & 64' Forum.
Thu 14/10/04 at 21:42
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> I forgot about that one too!
>
> Must be my cold clogging up my head.

*points to IGN DS*

Go, read, wet self.
Thu 14/10/04 at 21:36
Regular
I forgot about that one too!

Must be my cold clogging up my head.
Thu 14/10/04 at 21:33
Regular
That and the new Super Mario Brothers.
Thu 14/10/04 at 18:46
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> Just a quezzie...is Super Mario 64 on the DS the original game with
> the extension of multiplayer and more characters?
>
> And duel screen and touch screen...
>
> And a few more extras....
>
> But yes it is the same fully fledged 3D legend of yesteryear.

In that case, that's top of my list for games I want for DS.
Thu 14/10/04 at 17:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They'll probably do what they do with their Hi-MD players and bung the battery as a huge black box on the side of the console. I'd seriously laugh if they did that, but it might be their only solution to their awful battery life times.

Either that or they'll scrap the movie playback.
Thu 14/10/04 at 14:35
Regular
"Balls"
It doesn't say what type it is. It could be a portable DVD player one, but I think Sony will make it smaller to make the PSP look sleeker. But it also could be a Laptop type but as the processor works more it uses more battery as a laptop only lasts about 3 hours when watching a movie so it could well be.
Thu 14/10/04 at 14:13
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
What sort of battery is the PSP going to have anyway? If it's anything like the kind portable dvd players have then it's going to be a big chunky block, which won't be very nice.
Thu 14/10/04 at 13:56
Regular
"Balls"
Taken from www.engadget.com

'While we’re on the topic, did Popular Science get the scoop on the PlayStation Portable’s battery life? A little blurb turned up in the October issue of the magazine that lists the little wonder as having enough juice for 10 hours of music playback time, 8 hours of gaming, and a mere 2.5 hours if you want to kick back and watch a movie on this thing'

So 8 hours of gaming is not that bad at all, the only reason that movies drain so much of the battery is that the device has to continuously read the UMD and show the movie on screen (with sound). While the music has 10 hours as it is not processor intensive, and gaming is a little bit lower as it has to load quite a bit but not continuously like the movie feature. But don’t forget that if the release has slipped they have enough time to make the battery even better; they might even make it better than the DS one. You never know.
Wed 13/10/04 at 23:24
"The Will of D."
Jonathan Nash wrote:
> 4 - 10 Hours?
>
> In that case, I also speculate my next phone will have 5-100 buttons.

Lol, i think he should have said 2-4 hours as that sounds a tad more realistic as far as their recent press conference states.
Wed 13/10/04 at 23:01
Regular
"Teal'c"
4 - 10 Hours?

In that case, I also speculate my next phone will have 5-100 buttons.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.