GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Updating Pro Evo 4..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Wed 13/10/04 at 17:06
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I haven't got it yet, but when I do I know i'll have to update a few things so I had a browse on the net and found this site called PES Fan.

On their site they let you download an update to update all the teams and leagues for your PS2 version of PES4. I want to download it but I cant becuase I think I have to register to a special Privilege thingy.

I was just wondering how it works? How do you get it on your PS2 version of PES4?

Cheers.
Thu 14/10/04 at 14:43
Regular
You can also get a save from Gamefaqs.

Edit: I dont know if its still there but Action Replay Max Evo Editon comes with a max drive. Thats how i got mine a couple of months ago. I have to say that i prefer that to the xport because my PC is in the living room and my PS2 in my bedroom so connecting them together would be tough.
Wed 13/10/04 at 17:56
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Huzzah!
Just downloaded the V1 Max Drive PS2 Update, I hope i've downloaded the right thing, it downloaded within seconds. Then I extracted it to my desired folder, have I dont everything right so far?

I just need to wait for my Gameplay vouchers to arrive then I can order Max Drive.

Thanks again Ali.
Wed 13/10/04 at 17:37
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Hoops wrote:
> AliBoy wrote:
> Also the fan site updates are usually far superior to the CD version
> with PESFan being one of the best ones out there.
>
> But the thing is, I registered to PES Fan and I still couldn't
> download the update.

I've registered about 2 mins ago and have already downloaded their first patch....
Might be the e-mail addy you registered with as some hosts will put it straight into a spam or bulk folder..
Wed 13/10/04 at 17:35
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
AliBoy wrote:
> Also the fan site updates are usually far superior to the CD version
> with PESFan being one of the best ones out there.

But the thing is, I registered to PES Fan and I still couldn't download the update.
Wed 13/10/04 at 17:27
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Max Drive is the other one
Its a USB device that plugs into your PC and PS2. Can buy it from another online retailer for under £10 (Probably the same price you'll pay for the CD)

Also the fan site updates are usually far superior to the CD version with PESFan being one of the best ones out there.

Just going to order a max drive now myself :0)
Wed 13/10/04 at 17:25
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Thanks Ali, I think theres also a disc you can buy from shops that updates PES games too.

I think i'll just do it all myself.
Wed 13/10/04 at 17:21
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
There is a device called Xport (I think) which allows you to move PS2 saves to and from your PC.

I think there is another thing that does it but I can't remember what it is called.
Will get back to you if I remember.
Wed 13/10/04 at 17:06
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I haven't got it yet, but when I do I know i'll have to update a few things so I had a browse on the net and found this site called PES Fan.

On their site they let you download an update to update all the teams and leagues for your PS2 version of PES4. I want to download it but I cant becuase I think I have to register to a special Privilege thingy.

I was just wondering how it works? How do you get it on your PS2 version of PES4?

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.