GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another one of these......"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/08/05 at 17:32
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
I know that this type of topic appears all the time but here we go anyway!

I want to build a PC for running 3D art programs. Im looking for a fast stream lined machine but with a new baby the £s are tight! I will be getting it in bits to build at a later date?
Fri 02/09/05 at 18:22
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Gwizz wrote:
> 2.8ghz Celeron
> 64mb intergrated
> graphics
> 512mb ram
> 80gig HD

I'm not too hot on graphic programming, but I thikn Intel processors are better. Anyway, you'll need a new mobo and CPU (not a Celeron this time, my dear), 2GB RAM, a nice graphics card (I don't know which is the best for Maya etc but I imagine you'll need something decent to test your designs), and you'll need a bigger HDD, but they're cheap anyway.
Fri 02/09/05 at 14:38
Regular
>
> You talking max and maya? a rough budget would be good, do you need
> to purchase the software as well in the budget? or do you have some
> already?
>
> Are there any parts you already have or are you looking for a whole
> new spec?

Im now thinking that its going to be cheaper to upgrade the PC I have which is an Emachines 3220. The basic spec is
2.8ghz Celeron
64mb intergrated graphics
512mb ram
80gig HD
If I could use this systems case and just get a new motherboard and bits, for maybe around £250-£300. I would then use my current LCD screen, printer.
Fri 02/09/05 at 14:27
Regular
Captain Scarlet wrote:
> What type of 3D art programs and do they use OpenGL/Direct 3D or
> something else?

The programs I will use are

Shade 7
Paint shop Pro 9
Poser 5 / 6
Bryce 5
Vue 5 Esprit
Also I have Alias Maya 6 demo ed.
Thu 01/09/05 at 10:16
Regular
"NULL"
And if at all possible, get all the money together to buy everything at once. Otherwise by the time you've got the last component, the first components you bought will have either been replaced with far superior ones, or will have dropped in price.
Thu 01/09/05 at 01:17
Regular
"Captain to you."
Gwizz wrote:
> I want to build a PC for running 3D art programs. Im looking for a
> fast stream lined machine but with a new baby the £s are tight!
> I will be getting it in bits to build at a later date?

You talking max and maya? a rough budget would be good, do you need to purchase the software as well in the budget? or do you have some already?

Are there any parts you already have or are you looking for a whole new spec?
Wed 31/08/05 at 21:17
Regular
"I crashed into a va"
What type of 3D art programs and do they use OpenGL/Direct 3D or something else?
Wed 31/08/05 at 17:32
Regular
I know that this type of topic appears all the time but here we go anyway!

I want to build a PC for running 3D art programs. Im looking for a fast stream lined machine but with a new baby the £s are tight! I will be getting it in bits to build at a later date?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.