GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Revolution controller revealed!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/08/05 at 15:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
At nearly 25 percent, it seems most readers who took the poll believe the Revolution will incorporate a DS-like touch screen. And while Nintendo has gone on record stating the DS offers a glimpse as to what to expect from the Revolution, it has also said the "revolutionary" aspect of the system will not be a DS-like dual screen controller.

From IGNcube. hahaha those stupid Americans. But what do you expect, it's IGN. Anyway, here's the results in full:

Trackball - 4.2% - 648 votes
Squishy feel - 4.5% - 704 votes
Gyroscope - 12.8% - 1974 votes
Brain wave control - 11.6% - 1802 votes
Touch screen - 24.6% - 3790 votes
Wheel - 0.7% - 111 votes
Glove form - 4.6% - 714 votes
Reconfigurable layout - 12.8% - 985 votes
No buttons - 7.0% - 1083 votes
Nothing - 16.8% - 2595 votes

I swear people are so stupid. "wheel". But seriously, anyway, Nintendo harp on about how their new controller will be so simple to use that no one will be scared of it, so why do people keep suggesting stupidly non-simple ideas like Reconfigurable layout or Trackball? I'm betting it's like the Gametrac.

Here are some official images!!
[URL]http://img77.echo.cx/img77/1160/hswrevolution2gd.jpg[/URL]
[URL]http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=revomockupmailbag11213023035xc.jpg[/URL]
[URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/games/e32005/49.jpg[/URL]
[URL]http://img354.imageshack.us/my.php?image=152021nintendobrewerstefanrima.jpg[/URL]

I hope I got your hopes up and dashed them into the ground, shattering them into a thousand tiny pieces with my title.
Sat 10/09/05 at 10:34
Regular
"Divine Davine"
They sure are.
Sat 10/09/05 at 02:40
Regular
Baiten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia are both fantastic.
Sat 10/09/05 at 01:06
gerrid wrote:

> [URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/games/e32005/49.jpg[/URL]

Heh, it made the presentation all the better.

"Mr. Iwata, I finally know how to use Powerpoint!"
Sat 10/09/05 at 01:03
Regular
I stoped playing Baiten Kaitos because i couldent stand the characters, the combat system is fun at 1st, but ultimately it feels like going back to the pre-rendered games of the PS1 era.
Mon 05/09/05 at 18:23
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Yeah, the overworld in Tales is a little weak graphically and it seems a tad bland, but at least its got freedom. A downfall in Kaitos is that it is pretty linear, with no side quests at all - Tales has all these directions, and you could just go and something else whenever you want.

Words can't describe how much I hate the characters in Kaitos. Honestly, I really don't care what happens to them. And that is the biggest downfall, because the game is void of any attachment and emotion. In Tales, you are with them through and through, and they all have decent personalities, humour and interesting skits. Kaitos characterisation is so one dimensional, it hurts.
Mon 05/09/05 at 15:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The overworld in Tales is awful, though. And I prefer the art of Katos.
Mon 05/09/05 at 15:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Tphi wrote:
> Kalas:**************
> All: ************

Yeah, that's a nice simplistic way to sum it up. It really was better than that.
Mon 05/09/05 at 15:03
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gimo80 wrote:
> Although I really like Baten Kaitos, the thing that really spoiled it
> for me are the characters. Xelha is by far the most one dimensional
> character I have ever come across, lacking any emotion whatsoever -
> the acting is quite simply atrocious, whilst T.O.S is far better and
> far more likable (thank god you can turn the acting off on BK
> though).

Yep, for characterisation Kaitos is really weak. Tales excells because you really get to know it's cast. And it's the same with Skies, though Tales' skit system is a great innovation.

> I hope BK does get better - I've just got 'CHE' the third End Magnus,
> and I'm going through that different dimension place with that ship
> shooting bit. It feels a bit cheapy though. Also, I really hope the
> characters become a bit more interesting like in T.O.S, like a
> storyline shocker of some sort.

There is a big twist, kinda. But it's pretty poorly done. Can't really explain without spoiling it.

*SPOILERS*

Kalas: So I suddenly turned evil and tried to kill you, but now I'm suddenly good again!
All: Hurray! Welcome back!
Mon 05/09/05 at 14:35
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh, don't worry, the story takes a turn for the more interesting, certainly. The voice acting's pretty awful but I enjoyed it anyway. The story isn't the best in the world, it's pretty simple apart from a couple of major twists, but I prefer all the characters to ToS.
Mon 05/09/05 at 13:42
Regular
"Divine Davine"
gerrid wrote:
> gimo80 wrote:
> It's great,
> but T.O.S is so, so much better.
>
> I really really don't agree with you. ToS was good but it never
> really held my attention like BK did. The story, the overworld, I
> just felt like I'd seen it all before. I think the atmosphere (and
> the music) of BK really drew me in, and I thought that the combat was
> absolutely fantastic, and one of the best turn based systems I've ever
> come accross. I really hope they make a sequel or something.

Haha, yeah fair enough mate :)

Although I really like Baten Kaitos, the thing that really spoiled it for me are the characters. Xelha is by far the most one dimensional character I have ever come across, lacking any emotion whatsoever - the acting is quite simply atrocious, whilst T.O.S is far better and far more likable (thank god you can turn the acting off on BK though).

I hope BK does get better - I've just got 'CHE' the third End Magnus, and I'm going through that different dimension place with that ship shooting bit. It feels a bit cheapy though. Also, I really hope the characters become a bit more interesting like in T.O.S, like a storyline shocker of some sort.

Edit: Plus the combat on T.O.S seems more accomplished as it's more free roaming, but that kinda thang flots my boat a bit more. Baten Kaitos is SO satisfying when you get a special attack card though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.