GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games just aren't original these days, In my days........."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/06/01 at 21:38
Regular
OK! Why! aren't games original now. All the good ideas for games are used up now except for some new way in playing every now and then.

I mean how many people have covered different types of Tetris of even different versions of Space Invaders.

Also the game types like adventures, platformers or RPG's. Games can take a break from the Norm so why don't they try new things like The Jungle Book Grove Party. (I know it wasn't very good). But it is alright to try new ideas................
Isn't it?
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:05
Regular
"You've upset me"
Nah I'll heal myself by listening to Another Man's Cause by the Levellers
Wed 06/06/01 at 17:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Oh My God!!!!!! I just caught myself singing along to The Way To
> Your Love by Hear'Say!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHH

Quickly jump through the window, it is the only way!
Wed 06/06/01 at 17:39
Regular
"You've upset me"
Oh My God!!!!!! I just caught myself singing along to The Way To Your Love by Hear'Say!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHH
Wed 06/06/01 at 17:38
Regular
"You've upset me"
Games aren't original anymore becuase EVERYTHINGS BEEN DONE! Just like on these forums.
Wed 06/06/01 at 17:37
But they have exhausted just about every popular activity going. I reckon that if you looked hard enough you could probably even find Actua Crochet or Knitting 2001. If the games companies are going to start coming up with different game ideas then they need to look harder at the trends happening outside of gaming.

For example Tony Hawks picked up on the Skateboard craze and that seems to have worked (enough for a third). MTV Music Generator has bought a Musical interest to the gaming market and the charts are singing it's praises at the moment.

But Games are bound to suffer because of this, there are only a limited number of fashions that are really popular at any given time and so, there are only a limited number of things you can turn into a new game. Untill somebody comes up with something new to do, then I am afraid we will have to put up with the same old genres. No doubt churned out every christmas with a little cosmetic surgery after last years effort(FF MXMCVII).
Wed 06/06/01 at 17:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Which console has the most un-original games?
Wed 06/06/01 at 17:05
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Hey Zeldapro do you own a copy of CBFD as I would kill for a copy. If I win GAd I will definately get the game. What do you think the best game to get is. NEW/coming in the future or old/recently came out.
Wed 06/06/01 at 17:01
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
There arent many new ideas but maybe in a year or so the game companies will suddenly get a huge wave of new and original ideas that mostly will sell well and others will flop.

But at the minute companies are bringing out fairly good ideas and making good games out of them so why cant we settle for those. CBFD is quite original but is SLIGHTLY similar to maybe a couple of games I'm not sure, but it was a damn good game.

Lots of gaming companies are using used ideas and genres of games and adding extras making them better.

Why cant you just settle for these!
Wed 06/06/01 at 12:23
Regular
What is so original about Crazi Taxi?? I see taxis going about all of the time, I don't see zombies killing people every day though.
Wed 06/06/01 at 12:18
If I was to try and think of an original idea for a game right now, then I probably couldn't.
But, companies like Sega always have the ability to come up with original ideas. I mean, they come with likes of Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio, and they turned out to be brilliant. And if they were able to come out with a crazy idea such as Crazy Taxi and then make it a success, I am pretty sure they can do again. And I am sure there are several other companies out there with original ideas yet to be explored.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.