GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"butterfly effect ending? *spoilers*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/08/05 at 12:28
Regular
"always swirling"
ok so i may be a sucker for happy endings but i reckon the end to this film was rubbish where he just walked away, you know y? cos he could have so easily been happy, played good and made everyone else happy.

let me explain.

when he travels back to where they put the tnt in the post box and he runs out so his evil mate saves the ppl and he gets his arms blownoff cos hes standing to close.
well...
if he went back to that and ran forward, his evil mate would save the baby, then all he had to do was not run completely up to the post box and then run away from it once the baby and mother were saved.

then the evil guy would become religous and a good person.
his fat mate wouldnt be traumatised.
he would get the girl and everyone would live happily ever after.

so y didnt evan (who is meant to be a straight A student) think of that?

my work here is done....
Sun 04/09/05 at 16:43
Regular
"SOUP!"
Talkie Toaster wrote:

> so y didnt evan (who is meant to be a straight A student) think of
> that?

Because he could only alter each memory once?
Sun 04/09/05 at 16:42
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've seen the film, totally incidentally and it's awesome.

Man TT you made it sound terrible.

Here's a hint for the future, don't review stuff.
Thu 01/09/05 at 00:31
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Loved the ending where Evan kills himself but it did depress me and I even needed to watch a comedy afterwards just to make me happy again.
Wed 31/08/05 at 18:22
Regular
Yes, the dead baby ending was much better.
Wed 31/08/05 at 18:08
Regular
That's the theatrical ending. Unfortunately, the DVD ending has Evan strangling himself with his own imbilical cord in the womb, effectively disappearing from existence. This then allows Kayleigh to live a happy life and get married.

As sappy as the theatrical ending was, I preferred it.
Wed 31/08/05 at 16:33
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
It crumbles under the weight of the paradoxs it creates, but the whole point of it is that everything he tries to do to make it better fails. Until he twigs on the only way to make it better is for her to move away.

Doesn't he see her on the street at the very end, they both slightly smile and then he turns around to talk to her, I.e. a possible happy ending?
Wed 31/08/05 at 16:02
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yeah the film is good, TT is just a fool.
Wed 31/08/05 at 16:00
Regular
"Green & White Army"
I think it's a great film. He just makes it sound crap.
Wed 31/08/05 at 14:09
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've not seen the film and after that description of it's ending I don't think i'll bother. Sounds crap.
Wed 31/08/05 at 12:28
Regular
"always swirling"
ok so i may be a sucker for happy endings but i reckon the end to this film was rubbish where he just walked away, you know y? cos he could have so easily been happy, played good and made everyone else happy.

let me explain.

when he travels back to where they put the tnt in the post box and he runs out so his evil mate saves the ppl and he gets his arms blownoff cos hes standing to close.
well...
if he went back to that and ran forward, his evil mate would save the baby, then all he had to do was not run completely up to the post box and then run away from it once the baby and mother were saved.

then the evil guy would become religous and a good person.
his fat mate wouldnt be traumatised.
he would get the girl and everyone would live happily ever after.

so y didnt evan (who is meant to be a straight A student) think of that?

my work here is done....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.