GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"To anybody who's seen Van Helsing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/08/05 at 21:28
Regular
"0228"
Can you please tell me what it's about?

Having recently read Dracula I can't see how the film makes any sense at all. From what I gather, in the film he goes around slaying numerous famous creatures from horror stories and is a fairly young man and a good, fearless fighter. The only similarity I can see is that he has a good knowledge of vampires.

So, can anybody explain?
Thu 01/09/05 at 16:11
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Gosh, it's such a cliche but [URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/review.php?id=22[/URL]

It's honestly one of the worst films I've ever seen, and I had pretty low expectations going in. I loved the horse and cart jumping over the hole in the bridge, the constant swinging and trying to figure out what was fighting what in the final battle (it looked like a big CGI blob).

Dracula was gay.
Thu 01/09/05 at 13:17
Regular
"0228"
Right then, I watched the film last night and all I can say is hahaha. What a mess. The inclusion of Frankenstein and his monster, and Mr. Hyde were completely pointless. Also, I like the way the managed to completely rewrite Van Helsing's back story so instead of being a married professor from Holland, he's an orphan brought up by monks who goes round killing monsters. Oh, and the messing up of the mythology behind how to kill vamires was stupid too.

Finally, the ending was awful.
Tue 30/08/05 at 23:38
Regular
"0228"
To be honest, the ending to the book seemed a bit of a let down. After almost 400 pages of building up to it I hoped for a bit more than I got.
Tue 30/08/05 at 23:34
Regular
"you've got a beard"
it's an exercise in attaching an ok idea to a bloated effects budget, then tacking a really, REALLY crap ending onto it and charging £4 to see it.
Tue 30/08/05 at 23:11
Regular
"0228"
In Dracula he's meant to be an old man, he's like a mentor type person to one of the other characters, Dr Seward.
Tue 30/08/05 at 23:05
Regular
There were a couple of films made years ago with Van Helsing as the main character.

He wasn't a fighter dude though, he was, as you said, a professor (though in the one IO saw he was 60 or so, so I assume this one was old, I know there was a sequel because of the way he talked to Dracula at the end "I meet you again blah blah").

Anyway, the one I saw had 7 Japanese dudes with different weapons that fought people.

It was awful, but I watched it anyway.
Tue 30/08/05 at 22:29
Regular
"bit of a brain"
He's even inn Around The World In 80 Days. What a film.
And Owen Wilson is great. Haven't you seen I Spy?
Tue 30/08/05 at 22:28
Regular
"0228"
mattributé wrote:
> Ah, did the same thing happen to every actor in the last 5 years?
> That'd explain an awful lot

Not exactly the same, but similar events, yes. The worst effected were Luke Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Ben Stiller, and Will Ferrel. For example, Elvis was Ben Stiller's Godfather. Sadly, when Ben was still baby, Elvis dropped him in a toilet and then died on top of him. As you can imagine, that is a terrible thing to experience and he's never recovered.
Tue 30/08/05 at 22:24
Regular
"tokyo police club"
JFH wrote:
> You're thinking of JFK. Unfotuntely, it hit Chan's head, went straight
> through and killed JFK anyway. Chan didn't die but he got brain damage
> which led to him agreeing to star in comedies with Owen Wilson.

Ah, did the same thing happen to every actor in the last 5 years? That'd explain an awful lot
Tue 30/08/05 at 22:22
Regular
"0228"
You're thinking of JFK. He tried to save JFK's life but unfortunately, the bullet hit Chan's head, went straight through and killed JFK anyway. Chan didn't die but he got brain damage which led to him agreeing to star in comedies with Owen Wilson.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.