GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fight, Fight, Fight!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/08/05 at 19:00
Regular
"not dead"
[URL]http://www.nme.com/news/113530.htm[/URL]

Anyone else think it's not a shame that it wasn't a fight to the death, and that it ended in a draw?
Wed 31/08/05 at 00:37
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Goatboy wrote:
> What's with the Auschwitz quote?

It's a Libertines song.

And support Supergrass? You lucky man. Muchos respect to yourself, good sir.
Tue 30/08/05 at 23:17
Regular
"not dead"
I like the Libertines, but can't stand Doherty. Didn't pay much attention until NME pathetically voted him coolest man of the year, or something.

(and if we're defending our non-bandwagon jumping state, I saw them support Supergrass, which was before they went massive...)
Tue 30/08/05 at 23:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
What's with the Auschwitz quote?
Tue 30/08/05 at 21:47
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Asher wrote:
> Wasn't Johnny Borrell like childhood friends with Carl & Pete from
> The Libs?

Borell was meant to play Bass for the 'tines. Promised he'd do it, he'd improve his skills and such so he could be a class bassist. Then an hour before a gig he phoned up and told them he was on tour with another band, a couple of hundred miles away. So yeah, that's it.

And The Libs are ace. Shambles have their ace moments (killamangiro, obv.), but they'll never match up to the genius that was both 'tines albums.

ARBEIT MACHT FREI.

And before you call me a bandwagon chaser, I've loved them for ages. Well, about a year and a half, which is a year and 5 months more than the average Sun reader has loved him for.
Tue 30/08/05 at 21:42
Regular
Wasn't Johnny Borrell like childhood friends with Carl & Pete from The Libs?

The story is much more interesting than at first it appears..

lol
Tue 30/08/05 at 21:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
The Libertines first album is pretty good.
Tue 30/08/05 at 21:26
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I didn't know who the other bloke was, but I do now. Don't think I could even hum you a Babyshambles/Libertines/Razorlight song, thank God.
Tue 30/08/05 at 21:19
Regular
I absolutely adore The Libertines.

But this doesn't get away from the fact that Pete is an assface.

EDIT: And the Media only bum him because, like Goatboy has rightly stated, he's getting a bit of action from 'Moss.

If he wasn't with her, they wouldn't give a damn.
Tue 30/08/05 at 21:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I haven't heard a Babyshambles or Razorlight song so I don't know about these people.
I do know Docherty is a waster junkie who's surfing Kate "Junkie" Moss' skirt through the tabloids until he hits a wall.
A wall made of disinterest from NME readers when the next junkie saviour comes along.
Tue 30/08/05 at 19:38
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I met a guy at Reading with a great Borrell story.

He queued in the NME signing tent for ages to finally get to Borrell, then when he approached the table, my mate Dave extended his hand for a handshake. Borrell did the same, but was met with the classic retraction of hand followed by the raising of the hand to the nose, with the customary hahaha laugh. Everyone in the tent laughed, and Borrell then sat down looking confused. There'll be pictures of it soon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.