GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Soundtrack Series: Donkey Konga"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Donkey Konga'.
Wed 13/10/04 at 22:56
Regular
They've ruined Super Mario Bros and The Legend of Zelda themes.

I just froze as I heard the tracks playing. I probably had a strange look of utter disbelief whilst they played too.
Tue 19/10/04 at 08:22
Regular
That's it. I recognised it, I might have been able to place it if I thought about it. But I didn't hence the "other Zelda bit"... I liked the end bit it made up for the dodgy start.

Donkey Kong Country's theme is mighty fine too.
Mon 18/10/04 at 23:51
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> The scary thing is...the Zelda theme is slowly growing on me!
>
> The reason for the change is so it works better for bongoes.
>
> It starts disturbingly but then it gets better when that other Zelda
> piece blends into it.
>
> Very clever.

The end bit is rather cool too. Dunno if that's what you mean, but it's the bit from the end of Wind Waker when you set sail.

I like all the Nintendo re-jigs. Just makes me remember the games they were from which is good.
Mon 18/10/04 at 23:15
Regular
I know why its like that...it's just.....eurgh!
Mon 18/10/04 at 22:40
Regular
Edgy wrote:

The reason for the change is so it works better for bongoes.

It starts disturbingly but then it gets better when that other Zelda piece blends into it.

Very clever.
Mon 18/10/04 at 22:39
Regular
JFH wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> The DK RAP is awful, just like DK64.
>
> How dare you. DK64 is easily one of the N64's best platform games,
> it's challenging, fun, and long lasting. Even the multiplayer is half
> decent.

Too many collectables, each level was pretty much the same with slightly altered enemies and locations...

Hundreds of new moves to learn for too many characters rather than a handful for each to use over a wide selection of puzzles.

Instruments, weaponry, special moves, other moves, height, strength, strech advantages over each other...

The list was endless... RARE can't make a platform game with just a few moves...

They did it with DKC and then with Banjo Kazooie and then they lost it.

They were finely crafted ideas that created loads of variation in the likes of Tooie and DK64 but that is the only positive. The fact it all they were once you get rid of the gloss is an average third party platform game.

Despite Sunshine's flaws it proved Nintendo still know how to make a good platformer.

Banjo Kazooie and Goldeneye were nice games, brilliantly made. RARE then came along and just added and added and added for the respective sequels... and all the sequels felt was overblown. It worked for the first person shooter but not for the platformer. I don't want to learn 60 button combo's to do one move that I'll use twice.

Mario, handful of moves, millions of puzzles. Why can't RARE do that?
Mon 18/10/04 at 22:36
"Born of the Earth!"
Edgy wrote:
The real one,or that Mutant from Donkey Konga?
Mon 18/10/04 at 22:32
Regular
The scary thing is...the Zelda theme is slowly growing on me!
Mon 18/10/04 at 22:30
"Born of the Earth!"
They Killed the Zelda theme,it sounds CRAP!
Sun 17/10/04 at 20:51
Regular
"thursdayton!"
DK Rap < Donkey Konga Theme.
Sun 17/10/04 at 12:46
Regular
"0228"
Dringo wrote:
> The DK RAP is awful, just like DK64.

How dare you. DK64 is easily one of the N64's best platform games, it's challenging, fun, and long lasting. Even the multiplayer is half decent.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.