GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your Match Reviews"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/08/05 at 19:28
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
If you have been to any football match or seen one on the t.v then write about it and tell everyone what you think about your teams performance and about who played best and your man of the match.

I will start.

Southend 3-1 Colchester United 29th August League 1

I support southend (my name gives it away) and this was a local derby. Southend hadn't played them in awhile in the league, but have recently played in the L.D.V and Southend won.

Southend were strongest in my opinion and showed that by scoring 3 minutes into the game with Goater the scorer and Guttridge the provider. For the next 15mins it was even but southend still on top. On 18 mins Colchester scored through a long shot by Sam Stockley. Southend still on top. 29mins and a good run by Mitchell Cole 18 yard shot.
HalF Time 2-1 southend. Southend have dancers who preform at half time.

Second half.
Southend came out again lokking to make a 3rd and win the match but col u wanted to equalise (but they didn't ha.).Southend wanting to win in style brang on some fresh legs and hoping to score more. Goater got into the right postition and came up good and scored his second of the game in the 77minute. Chanting by the southend suporters FEED THE GOAT AND HE WILL SCORE. The goat was hungrey. Assist by Mark Bentley.

Full time.

Mon Aug 29 2005
Coca-Cola Football League One
Southend 3 - 1(2 - 1) Colchester R
S Goater 3 S Stockley 19
M Cole 30
S Goater 78

Bookings: Bookings:
G Halford 41
G Elokobi 53
C Wilson 69

Man of the match. Shaun Goater
Mon 29/08/05 at 19:28
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
If you have been to any football match or seen one on the t.v then write about it and tell everyone what you think about your teams performance and about who played best and your man of the match.

I will start.

Southend 3-1 Colchester United 29th August League 1

I support southend (my name gives it away) and this was a local derby. Southend hadn't played them in awhile in the league, but have recently played in the L.D.V and Southend won.

Southend were strongest in my opinion and showed that by scoring 3 minutes into the game with Goater the scorer and Guttridge the provider. For the next 15mins it was even but southend still on top. On 18 mins Colchester scored through a long shot by Sam Stockley. Southend still on top. 29mins and a good run by Mitchell Cole 18 yard shot.
HalF Time 2-1 southend. Southend have dancers who preform at half time.

Second half.
Southend came out again lokking to make a 3rd and win the match but col u wanted to equalise (but they didn't ha.).Southend wanting to win in style brang on some fresh legs and hoping to score more. Goater got into the right postition and came up good and scored his second of the game in the 77minute. Chanting by the southend suporters FEED THE GOAT AND HE WILL SCORE. The goat was hungrey. Assist by Mark Bentley.

Full time.

Mon Aug 29 2005
Coca-Cola Football League One
Southend 3 - 1(2 - 1) Colchester R
S Goater 3 S Stockley 19
M Cole 30
S Goater 78

Bookings: Bookings:
G Halford 41
G Elokobi 53
C Wilson 69

Man of the match. Shaun Goater
Mon 29/08/05 at 20:23
Regular
"You've upset me"
Cambridge 0 - 2 Kidderminster.

Battle of the relegated sides from last season and some real bitterness as it was a defeat against a 10 man Kiddy last year that really put the nail in our coffin.

Very, very disappointing match from our perspective. Our midfield which so far has been excellent simply got bossed out of the game, highlighting the need for a real "iron-man" in midfield, like we had in Matt Somner last year. The two games in two days seemed to take a toll on the young legs in the team and we just really weren't very sharp at all.

We had a decent start but very rarely actually threatened their goal and their Keeper only had 3 saves to make all half. Eventually, towards the end of the first half the tide started to turn and our teams lack of experience really began to show as our midfield was practically non-existant.

John Turner was brought on at HT for the frankly crap Robert Duffy and we had an awesome spell of pressure that culminated in a string of corners that we really, really should've done better with. Fola, our big, tricky Nigerian striker was really causing their defence problems but he simply didn't have the support he needed in the final third. JT missed a glorious chance from about 8 yards, hitting his shot against the keeper. D'oh. Anyway, they scored out of the blue and that really was the end of the game. We attacked almost constantly from then on but never really went close. A second )very debateable) goal came on the counter-attack but didn't really matter. Big Fola was still plugging away but there really was no point.

Coming off the back of two wonderful home wins this was a shocking performance and a very annoying defeat against a team that really aren't all that..

MotM: Fola Onibuje.
Mon 29/08/05 at 20:26
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Have you still got Tes Bramble because he was there last year on loan but then came back to southend.

Was you at the game last year between southend and cambridge at cambridges stadium.

Cambridge 0-2 Southend.
Mon 29/08/05 at 20:31
Regular
"You've upset me"
Nah, Tes has gone to another League 2 side. Stockport I think it is. He's a great player. Scored the best ever goal at the Abbey last season against Wycombe. 40 yard drive into the top corner. Awesome.

And no I wasn't there, I wasn't able to get to many home games last year. Only saw about 5. Haven't missed one so far this season though.
Mon 29/08/05 at 22:15
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Can I ask you, Shrimper, how good is Mark Rawle? He played for you lot not too long ago and we signed him in pre-season. Started his first game today and looked a handful but I saw nothing that backs up the impressive scoring record he's had with other clubs.

Anyway, yeah, how good?
Tue 30/08/05 at 10:17
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Ashman wrote:
> Can I ask you, Shrimper, how good is Mark Rawle? He played for you lot
> not too long ago and we signed him in pre-season. Started his first
> game today and looked a handful but I saw nothing that backs up the
> impressive scoring record he's had with other clubs.
>
> Anyway, yeah, how good?

Where has he gone? yeah he was good at southend until he left then he scoring dropped because he weren't playing as much.
Rawle won me £30 on a bet. He can score 10-15 goals if he is played and you have good players around him.
Tue 30/08/05 at 10:47
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Are Orient still ahead of you in the table Shrimps? :P
Tue 30/08/05 at 10:49
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Are Orient still ahead of you in the table Shrimps? :P

No they aren't we got promoted to league 1 where as orient are in league 2
Tue 30/08/05 at 14:38
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Ahaha, pwnd Forest.

Anyway, yeah, he's come to Woking and should be playing fairly regularly for us. He played for you for a couple of seasons and scored quite a few, t'is why I asked.
Tue 30/08/05 at 14:47
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Ashman wrote:
> Ahaha, pwnd Forest.
>
> Anyway, yeah, he's come to Woking and should be playing fairly
> regularly for us. He played for you for a couple of seasons and
> scored quite a few, t'is why I asked.

Yeah he should score quite alot for you. Woking are in the conference i think who else have you got upfront.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.