GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battleground-Europe..."

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/08/05 at 12:59
Regular
Some of you may be interested in this:

[URL]http://battleground-europe.com/scripts/wwiionline/be/index.jsp[/URL]

It's a WWII MMORPG/FPS due out sometime next month. The open Beta only just finished and the game looks like it could be good.

It's not the most graphically pleasing game, but sure does look good fun.

So, some of you may be interested. If I can find this game in the shops here I'll get it and cancel my WoW subscription.
Tue 30/08/05 at 14:08
Regular
It does look enjoyable.

Depends how they utilise everything though.
Tue 30/08/05 at 14:07
"Genius!"
Grr, it looks like a game i would enjoy aswell, not got the sort of money to pay per month for a game :(.
Tue 30/08/05 at 12:40
Regular
"Captain to you."
£8 i think :( if it had been 80p i would have payed for it.
Tue 30/08/05 at 12:31
"Genius!"
So i guess this is subscription based?
Mon 29/08/05 at 18:01
Regular
"Captain to you."
I was looking through the screenies and it seem to have a complete lack of lighting, it all looks the same brightness, a little bit of lighting goes a long way in games.
Mon 29/08/05 at 17:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I was disappointed with Joint Operations. It promised 150-player games, but what you really got was 149 retards. Ok, 150.
Mon 29/08/05 at 17:21
Regular
I think you get put into a Brigade next to the action.

My computer sucked the big one when I tried playing it so it is hard to see what was happening.
Mon 29/08/05 at 17:14
Regular
"A man with a stick"
OddToe wrote:
> It is WWII online, it's made by the same people.

I asumed it might be. I remember playing WWII online a while back, terrible graphics back then too, the weapons looked three foot long while the game itself was far from the huge scale online battlefields I was expecting.

I spent ages wandering through a field on a massive map trying to find other peiople to shoot. I just gave up in the end.

They may have improved things for this latest outing, but I'm not going to go out of my way to find out. I rather just leave online FPS action to games like Battlefield 2 instead.
Mon 29/08/05 at 16:52
Regular
My computer won't run it :(
The FPS is terrible, but my computer sucks, but the beta is still open so you can downlod it and have a few hours play.
Mon 29/08/05 at 16:16
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Ohh, don't like the look of that.

Good gfx don't make a game, but they surely help a lot. I don't quite like the "feel" of the game to be honest. Still, will reserve judgement pre demo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.