GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dawn of the Dead"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/08/05 at 17:17
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Is this film any good ? (the remake). I actually haven't seen it yet and I might grab it off a friend to watch. Nearly picked it up in a 3 for £20 deal but then decided against spending more money for a change. ;-)
Wed 31/08/05 at 12:52
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Might have to check out some more zombie films sometime.

Make sure you check out:

Zombie Flesheaters
Braindead
Bad Taste (although not really a zombie film as such)
Day of the Dead
Demons
Zombie Holocaust

Make sure you avoid like the zombie-plague:

Undead
Zombie Nosh
Both Zombie Flesheaters sequels
Any other film not listed with 'zombie' in the title
Tue 30/08/05 at 12:28
Regular
"not dead"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
>
> I think there's too many characters to really care about by the end,
> one or two who barely have a line. With the original it was the same
> four (then three) until the end.

That's what I thought when I saw it. 4 Characters carried the original along without a problem, way too many in this. It had it's moments, and as a zombie movie without the 'Dawn of the Dead' name it would have been fine. If anything claiming to be a remake left people disappointed about what was an entertaining enough zombie movie.
Tue 30/08/05 at 12:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's a good film. The only similarity is that they're in a mall. Oh, and some zombies or something. Zombies are scary and there's a nice amount of violence.
Tue 30/08/05 at 11:57
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I prefer the original, but I also loved the remake. Different to the original (less about the despair and mundanity of everyday humdrum Mall culture, more about gore and exploding heads), but very very good.
Mon 29/08/05 at 22:25
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well I borrowed it from a friend today and watched it. Have to say I quite liked it. Particularly liked the bit where that Andy guy was shooting zombie "celebs" from the rooftop. ;-)

Might have to check out some more zombie films sometime.
Mon 29/08/05 at 21:04
Regular
C®ø§$ Bób wrote:
> The old dawn of the dead was good but I don't really think the new one
> looks that good.

It is good. Trust me.

Try not to compare it with the original, just watch it as though it were an entirely new film. Worth seeing just for the chainsaw bit at the end.

:-D
Mon 29/08/05 at 17:06
Regular
"Catch it!"
The old dawn of the dead was good but I don't really think the new one looks that good.
Mon 29/08/05 at 14:47
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Zombie films are my speciality, i've decided to start a collection of them as i love them. So far, i'm up to like 15 zombie movies, including 2 from japan.

Don't think of the DOTD 'remake' as a remake but just as another film with roughly the same plot, people stuck in a mall.

But yeah anyway, it's a decent film and admittedly a lot scarier than the original. You wouldn't feel like you've wasted 90 minutes or ur life watching it.
Mon 29/08/05 at 11:34
Regular
I thought it was better than the original, maybe because I didn't find the original zombies very threatening. Definitely worth a watch.

The resident evil films are terrible, apocalypse is cringeworthy.
Mon 29/08/05 at 11:28
Regular
"That's right!"
The second time around was probably better, the first time I watched it I thought "meh".

I think there's too many characters to really care about by the end, one or two who barely have a line. With the original it was the same four (then three) until the end.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.