GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World of AOE?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/08/05 at 11:51
Regular
"\\"
[URL]http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=dev&aid=10084[/URL]

If they can improve on their RTSs as much as Blizzard did, then YUS!
Sat 27/08/05 at 14:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I wonder if it's even AoE at all....?

There's a WoW expansion and I bet you anything there'll be a WoW 2.

But yeah, Ensemble are decent, so could be good.

I'm really not keen on the idea of a console MMORPG, simply because you CANNOT have the same depth in terms of controls.
Fri 26/08/05 at 15:28
Regular
Well, if they can pull it off, an AOE MMORPG would be fantastic...I can't wait.
Fri 26/08/05 at 14:21
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Emitime wrote:
> But Ensemble Studios don't make bad games (AoM wasn't awesome like
> their other games... but it wasn't bad).

Neither did Westwood games, until they tried to do something they had never done before, namely a FPS (Renegade) inhouse and didn't go the third party route ala Lucasarts and Raven.

Blizzard got away with it however.

*Shrug* not saying it's going to be crap, just pointing out there's always the possibility.
Fri 26/08/05 at 13:23
Regular
"\\"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> There's obviously some that are going to be crap.

But Ensemble Studios don't make bad games (AoM wasn't awesome like their other games... but it wasn't bad).
Fri 26/08/05 at 13:21
Regular
"Excommunicated"
A WoW expansion would be great. Though, I still haven't been to half the places yet.
Fri 26/08/05 at 13:19
Regular
*cough*Matrix*cough*
Fri 26/08/05 at 13:06
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Emitime wrote:
> I'm sure they'll do something amazing though.

Hmmm, I'd reserve judgement until the product is completed. MMORPG's are the biggest growth area in the business, and everyone want a piece of the money making press.

There's obviously some that are going to be crap.
Fri 26/08/05 at 12:17
Regular
"\\"
I realise they can't make a game out of all their single player campaigns. Because 95% of it would be set in the wrong time period.

I'm sure they'll do something amazing though.
Fri 26/08/05 at 12:05
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I don't see people playing it in a few years if they're are new and
> better games out.

Supposedly the average time for a Blizzard product, from start to finish is 5 years.

People still play "Dark Age Of Camelot"
Fri 26/08/05 at 12:02
Regular
"Captain to you."
AOE won't work the same as Warcraft had a single long story that was all depicted in the world you play in World of Warcraft.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.