GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NETSPY trojan horse HELP!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/08/05 at 18:48
Regular
Does any of you knowledgeable souls know anything about this cretinous trojan?

Norton internet security keeps informing me that it is blocking the thing from installing in my system, the problem app that's infected is my inbuilt microsoft fax software according to norton (or the miscrosoft printer spooler if my deductions are correct as when i uninstall the fax software then reinstall it the thing is still there and only shows up when i go to the 'printers' folder & click on FAX, nothing else in the 'printers' folder has this effect (but that would be Visage PDF creator or the Microsoft document image writer)
No antispyware software seems to be able to root it out as it has not installed yet, it seems to be lodged somewhere in the DLL's or SYS / EXE or the like.
Any Ideas? is is possible to overwrite these files safely & thereby overwrite the Fecker?
I have spent too much time on this problem and am no nearer!
Sun 28/08/05 at 23:34
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Quick Google

[URL]http://www.spywareguide.com/product_show.php?id=434[/URL]
Sun 28/08/05 at 20:15
Regular
nah, i thought it may be a spelling error from norton because hardly anyone has heard of it, definately NETSPY though, that's what it says anyhow...
anyone any ideas where i can find a list of the file sizes of microsoft DLL's / exe /sys files so i can compare em with my machine? maybe one will be a bit larger than its meant to be & i'll just try overwriting it if i can get the original file from somewhere. running out of ideas...
Sat 27/08/05 at 23:08
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Do you mean Netsky?

If so, try McAfee Stinger. [URL]http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/[/URL]
Sat 27/08/05 at 22:16
Regular
tried just about everything i can think of!
i have more antispyware software than proper programs!
It has begun to fight amongst itself, i think my pc has become aware!
NETSPY? more SKYNET!

If anyone knows where this 'person' live's that created this little gem of code then please let me know! like to have a word or two...
Thu 25/08/05 at 20:16
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
1. Have you tried M$ AntiSpyware?

2. Before doing an AV scan, disabe System Restore before hand

3. Norton should tell you it's location in the results of any scan.
Thu 25/08/05 at 18:48
Regular
Does any of you knowledgeable souls know anything about this cretinous trojan?

Norton internet security keeps informing me that it is blocking the thing from installing in my system, the problem app that's infected is my inbuilt microsoft fax software according to norton (or the miscrosoft printer spooler if my deductions are correct as when i uninstall the fax software then reinstall it the thing is still there and only shows up when i go to the 'printers' folder & click on FAX, nothing else in the 'printers' folder has this effect (but that would be Visage PDF creator or the Microsoft document image writer)
No antispyware software seems to be able to root it out as it has not installed yet, it seems to be lodged somewhere in the DLL's or SYS / EXE or the like.
Any Ideas? is is possible to overwrite these files safely & thereby overwrite the Fecker?
I have spent too much time on this problem and am no nearer!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.