GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How many DVDs have you got?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/06/01 at 19:11
Regular
I have to confess: I only have 11.

I only bought my DVD player three weeks ago so I'm not doing too badly! However, I have a shopping list about as long as my arm of DVDs that I can't wait to get. I'm a total film junkie (in particular horror movies) so for me DVD is a godsend.

I bet some people here have got hundreds of the beautiful little silver babies!
Fri 08/06/01 at 19:36
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I have 1

I won it on here once a while back!

Mission Impossible 2
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:40
No, but they might work in the toaster.
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:31
Regular
Will they work in my DVD player?? Is the quality any better??
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:30
Ahah - now we're getting somewhere! Well, if any do break in the next few weeks - let me know and I'll send you some (that is, if I haven't already been to the car boot).
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:58
Regular
Ah, I don't have any brokenchairs, so I wont have any videos right??
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:57
They're those things propping up the broken chair in the corner.
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:14
Regular
Video, whats a video???
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:12
Blimey - I just counted and we've got 42! If I hadn't counted them, I'd have said about 20 I guess (it's because they take up so little room compared to videos).

Speaking of which, does anyone else find their vids such poor quality since getting a DVD player that they can't bear to sit and watch them now. I'm thinking of just flogging the lot at a car boot or something.
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:57
Regular
I bought that LG, got it home, set it up, watched one film and then it never worked again, damn it!!
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:46
Regular
"Kiss my face!"
I got my first DVD player just over a year ago, which was the LG-DVD 3200E. I was one of the first to get this great machine, but this left me with only Region 2 playability. This was due to the fact that the firmware was of 1.0 Version.Since then I have bought a second player, just back in May, which was the successor called the LG-DVD 3350E. With this I am now able to play DVD's from all regions. So over the year and since I have got my new machine I have a wide collection of just over 60 DVD's. These consist of most of the James Bond SE Collection, all 3 series of Chewin' The Fat(including the live version and the live version of Jack And Victor called Still Game). Also since I have made my player multi-regional I have increased my collection with such greats as Vertical Limit and now(well in the post) Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. All I have to say is that I don't know what I would do without my DVD player, and may the discs become better and better in the future. Just incase you were wondering, I gave my old player to my parents, and they love it and have started their own collection too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.