GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Golf"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/08/05 at 15:05
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I've just got into golf quite a bit recently and i'm thinking of buying a new set of clubs... probably around the £400 mark. Obviously that'd only include Irons, a Bag, a Putter and then i'd thing about getting a Driver around christmas time.

My questions to you all, are: Do you play golf? and Would you recommend any particular clubs? I was considering some Mizuno MX-23s - the guy in the shop said they're just as good as the fancier forged irons, and that Mizuno make most of the Iron-heads for the other golf companies!!

So, any recommendations. I'm not too bad at golf (and can, at times, drive as far as 300 yards when I absolutely smack it).. although my drives are somewhat inconsistent! I don't want JUST cavity-backs, so some sort of combo-iron set would be best.. with the higher Irons being blades so I can flop and chip with more control.

Please note... this is NOT an opinion thread! I don't care if you don't like Golf. If you're not interested in the sport just go to another thread somewhere else - don't waste everyones time by slating it to try and look cool. Thanks! :)
Wed 24/08/05 at 18:52
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I play a bit. I got a set of clubs in a closing down sale for £90. I don't play nearly enough to care how good the clubs are. I suppose it's all down to comfort and practise when it comes to clubs. I had a mate who had a nice set of clubs and they were real easy to use. Had to practise a bit with my current set.

Went round a 9 hole par 33 course in 49 shots. Came joint 2nd and only lost by one shot. I'm terrible with the putter and I'm far too aggressive (for instance, driving at a hole I can't possibly reach), which means my recovery game is not bad. I don't just distances well and not really sure how far I can hit it with certain clubs.

I'd probably need some kind of coaching to improve but I don't care much at the moment. I enjoy the game and that's all that matters to me.
Wed 24/08/05 at 16:54
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Have started playing a bit of Pitch and Putt recentley but sometimes when the shots don't go my way well I turn a bit Happy Gilmore. It's fair to say there are a few chunks of turf missing from the course because of me.
Wed 24/08/05 at 15:57
Regular
I love golf, but I'm awful at it.
And I've no idea about clubs or anything, I let the salesman sell me some.
Wed 24/08/05 at 15:12
Regular
"0228"
Golf is too hard. The ball generally seems to swerve to the right whenever I hit it.
Wed 24/08/05 at 15:05
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I've just got into golf quite a bit recently and i'm thinking of buying a new set of clubs... probably around the £400 mark. Obviously that'd only include Irons, a Bag, a Putter and then i'd thing about getting a Driver around christmas time.

My questions to you all, are: Do you play golf? and Would you recommend any particular clubs? I was considering some Mizuno MX-23s - the guy in the shop said they're just as good as the fancier forged irons, and that Mizuno make most of the Iron-heads for the other golf companies!!

So, any recommendations. I'm not too bad at golf (and can, at times, drive as far as 300 yards when I absolutely smack it).. although my drives are somewhat inconsistent! I don't want JUST cavity-backs, so some sort of combo-iron set would be best.. with the higher Irons being blades so I can flop and chip with more control.

Please note... this is NOT an opinion thread! I don't care if you don't like Golf. If you're not interested in the sport just go to another thread somewhere else - don't waste everyones time by slating it to try and look cool. Thanks! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.