GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Now this is a bit scary..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/08/05 at 11:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4162054.stm[/URL]

Russia and China, together at last. "Not a threat", I think I saw somewhere written in that article. Riiiiight... So why are two of the Earth's most oppressive regimes "teaming-up", then? It's like the plot from a bad World War 3 war film.

EDIT: Or, am I just being some kind of horrible xenophobe that can't accept countries other than the UK and US can perform mock war games? You decide on our new lunchtime gameshow: Monkeyshaft!
Wed 24/08/05 at 17:34
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> If it isn't arab terrorists, it's mutating viruses, hospital born
> diseases or getting brain damage from drinking tap water.

I know, its depressing. What happened to the stories where Mrs Ecclebert sees her 115th Birthday, Sparky the budgie to perform in Sydney Opera House or an article on how the government want to remove the speed bumps from Cranleigh ourt Road. I hate that road...

I don't think its gonna ever goback to that style - I think the media want us all to be depressed and ready to believe anything.
Tue 23/08/05 at 23:22
Regular
Clazon wrote:

> To be honest. I'd prefer none. And you are naive not to even have a
> slight suspicion aroused when you see news that China and Russia are
> co-operating militarily again...

Not really, I just get bloody irritated by endless dramatising of world events by the media. Can't we have a day go by where we aren't scared into believing the world is coming to an end?

If it isn't arab terrorists, it's mutating viruses, hospital born diseases or getting brain damage from drinking tap water.

The only positive aspects of the news these days are the sports results, and they are as dull as dish water.
Tue 23/08/05 at 19:01
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Cycloon Wrote:
> Well yeah, but since when has this forum been a bastion of the
> correct use of language, even when p*ss taking? ^^

Since the grammer Nazi's staged a bloody coup, ousting the normal staffies...
Tue 23/08/05 at 19:00
Also, I doubt most people here don't even know how to speak their language, let alone pronounce it properly. At least they've had the decency to learn ours.
Tue 23/08/05 at 17:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Aha, the 'orients'.

Well yeah, but since when has this forum been a bastion of the correct use of language, even when p*ss taking? ^^
Tue 23/08/05 at 16:59
Yes, but "Amer-wica"?

r-w?
I thought the w was...the r that orients apparently can't pronounce?
Tue 23/08/05 at 16:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Team America, Kim Jong and his 'Hans Bwix!'
Tue 23/08/05 at 16:47
I'm still trying to work out the general gist of that, let alone "Amerwicans"
Tue 23/08/05 at 16:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I think he's seen Team America a little too much.
Tue 23/08/05 at 16:41
Game wrote:
> I think it'd be funny if Russia, China and Korea all stormed the US
> beaches with those guns that have a 'BANG' sign come out of them.
>
> "WHAT?! I don't believe. My gun is a joking one! How am I going
> to killing Amerwicans and taking over thier country?! WTF!!!"

I err
Hilarious.

And indeed, with my point earlier, I wasn't particularly saying "oh who cares", I'm simply saying as of right now, it's not exactly something to lose sleep over.
If such activities continue and indeed increase in number, then then yes.
It's an unsettling thought as it is though, I agree

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.