GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The trailer for Unleashed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/08/05 at 15:17
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Is quite misleading. Because it is entirely fight scenes. (The one I have seen on TV, anyway). The film isn't about fighting, it isn't a martial arts film, it has more to do with human emotions. The sequences where Jet Li does go into action are brilliant but it is not a fight movie. The consequences of course will be people seeing the trailer, and either thinking "Look at all that action, that film obviously is rubbish with no plot" or else "OMG cool fighting lets go see that."

Which means asking a random Joe who has seen it will probably lead to them replying, "ah, Unleashed? Good fight scenes but the bits in between were boring." Which is a pity.

What I think anyway.
Fri 19/08/05 at 15:17
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Is quite misleading. Because it is entirely fight scenes. (The one I have seen on TV, anyway). The film isn't about fighting, it isn't a martial arts film, it has more to do with human emotions. The sequences where Jet Li does go into action are brilliant but it is not a fight movie. The consequences of course will be people seeing the trailer, and either thinking "Look at all that action, that film obviously is rubbish with no plot" or else "OMG cool fighting lets go see that."

Which means asking a random Joe who has seen it will probably lead to them replying, "ah, Unleashed? Good fight scenes but the bits in between were boring." Which is a pity.

What I think anyway.
Fri 19/08/05 at 15:18
Regular
Snuggly'll be along in a moment to link you to the Shiznit, worry not.
Fri 19/08/05 at 15:23
Regular
But the advertisers know that means more people will go see it, and they don't care if they like it, as long as they go see it, because they get money.
Fri 19/08/05 at 15:25
"High polygon count"
Well, I never thought I'd see Bob Hoskins in a film even remotely connected to martial arts.

That's got to be worth the fee on its own.
Fri 19/08/05 at 15:26
Regular
"Not a Jew"
munn wrote:
> But the advertisers know that means more people will go see it, and
> they don't care if they like it, as long as they go see it,
> because they get money.

True. But that, to me is just a sell-out.
Fri 19/08/05 at 16:32
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/review.php?id=67[/URL]
Fri 19/08/05 at 16:47
Regular
It's not a martial arts film, yet it breathes life into the stale martial arts genre?

*scratches head*

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....
Fri 19/08/05 at 16:57
"High polygon count"
Proof - if any were needed - that critics have no more clue than the rest of us.
Fri 19/08/05 at 17:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> It's not a martial arts film, yet it breathes life into the stale
> martial arts genre?
>
> *scratches head*
>
> Hmmmmmmmmmm.....
-------

It's not a chop-socky film, it reinvents what it should be.
Outside of the genre yet manages to beat most recent attempts.
Fri 19/08/05 at 17:07
Regular
I see, sounds good.

Hopefully breathe a bit of life into the otherwise dead Western Martial arts films. But then I'm not sure America are ever gonna really recover from the Van Damme/Seagal surge of the early 90's. I'm still scarred from the true horror that is Timecop and Under Siege 2.

Still, good to hear that Jet Li's in a film that isn't crap for once. I'll definetly check it out sometime.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.