GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 4 tips"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Fri 19/08/05 at 14:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm only on 3 stars with a pretty bad team.

I can't seem to score. That is my fourth 0-0 game, it can get very boring.
Sun 21/08/05 at 20:24
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Just play it a lot.
>
> I'm pretty much unbeatable on 6-star now.
>
> Which means things are rubbish unless playing against mates, who
> although get humped off the 6-star computer, can give me a really
> good game.

I'm the same. I never play against real people, so I can beat the most difficult CPU setting 6-0, but in the real Pro Evo tournament held at my university, I lost three out of six games.
Fri 19/08/05 at 20:34
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well, I'm on 4 stars now and have just won 3-0 and 3-1.

Hurrah
Fri 19/08/05 at 20:30
Playing against people is a completely different skill to playing against the computer - unless you're with some other people, your lack of playing-against-people-skills is really shown.

Even simple differences can lose you goals, like at the kick-off, the computer always passes back, while most of my friends, go on mazy dribbles. It's just a reflect action to press R1 and left at kickoff, so I tend to be on the back foot when defending.

Also, my friends are actually good at free kicks, which requires having people on the post, but some marking the few strikers just hovering in front of the GK.

Ah, I love this game
Fri 19/08/05 at 20:25
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Just play it a lot.

I'm pretty much unbeatable on 6-star now.

Which means things are rubbish unless playing against mates, who although get humped off the 6-star computer, can give me a really good game.
Fri 19/08/05 at 17:16
Regular
I don't think it is fixed, it's just sometimes things don't go your way. Passing and shot direction is all on you, sometimes you just get trickier teams.
Fri 19/08/05 at 16:59
About the impenetrable defense after 4-0, I get that too, and so do most of my friends.
Fri 19/08/05 at 15:38
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
Having trouble eh? i found it hard to come back and play pro after a long time aswell.

Passing around the halfway line and then trying a through ball always seems to work for me. And when you're one on one with the keeper gently tap shoot and L1 as the keeper comes towards you. The keeper will be left looking at the ball nestling in the back of the net.

Also try an attacking formation like 3-4-3, which ensures your strikers will get plenty of the ball and some time to practice shots.

hope it helped.
Fri 19/08/05 at 15:33
"High polygon count"
Me and my mate play every Monday and Thursday evening. We're on level 6 at the mo, and doing well. We even won every trophy just a couple of seasons ago, and have won the league 4 seasons in a row! We really need a level 7! :-)

I agree with Badgerman, though - there are some games where it seems the game has decided that you will lose, even before a ball has been kicked. Ball control disappears, teams that you have already beaten 4-0 seem to have an impenetrable defence, and shooting accuracy is more like a scatter-gun than a sniper rifle.

Still, I did have to laugh when the Champions League Final (WEFA Championships) was between Northampton (us) and Bolton!
Fri 19/08/05 at 15:28
Regular
I've noticed that as well.

Some games everything will go brilliantly, every ball will go in the right direction and shots will always be on target. Then others I find nothing works, not even basic passing half the time.
Fri 19/08/05 at 15:26
Regular
"es argh"
Master League seems to have a games where the computer has already determined that you will dominate the whole game, hitting the post and bar a dozen times, before you lose in the 769th minute of injury time where the opposition score in their only attack with a bumbling own goal.

I hate them games. It doesn't seem to matter whether all of your players are on red arrows or not, you play God awful.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.