GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Predictions for the Greece v England game"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/06/01 at 13:00
Regular
I reckon we will come away with a 2-0 win.

I think Svenn is right - we can win this group. If we beat Germany (which is a real poss the way the Germans are playing right now) we would only need to beat Greece and Albania at home to finish top of the group (or at least joint top).
Tue 05/06/01 at 13:00
I reckon we will come away with a 2-0 win.

I think Svenn is right - we can win this group. If we beat Germany (which is a real poss the way the Germans are playing right now) we would only need to beat Greece and Albania at home to finish top of the group (or at least joint top).
Tue 05/06/01 at 14:30
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think it will a lot closer than people think so I'm going for 2-1 England victory.
Tue 05/06/01 at 15:39
no10 wrote:
> I reckon we will come away with a 2-0 win.

I think Svenn is
> right - we can win this group. If we beat Germany (which is a real
> poss the way the Germans are playing right now) we would only need
> to beat Greece and Albania at home to finish top of the group (or at
> least joint top).

3-1 to England (Fowler 2 Scholes)

It will be a travesty if he plays Seaman in goal. Nigel Martyn more than proved himself the other week (again) and Seaman is a flapping clown with dodgy hair. Also play Macca on left instead of that useless big Heskey Gorilla who falls down from the draught of a wayward paper clip.
Tue 05/06/01 at 15:47
Pmac wrote:

It will be a travesty if he plays Seaman in goal. Nigel Martyn more than proved himself the other week (again) and Seaman is a flapping clown with dodgy hair. Also play Macca on left instead of that useless big Heskey Gorilla who falls down from the draught of a wayward paper clip.

Six months ago I would have agreed that Seaman should be dropped. However, he has has regained his form and I would bet the England back four would always prefer Seaman in goal. He is a big game player and should definately remain Englands No1 - for the timebeing at least.

Macca should play on the left instead of Heskey. He is the ONLY player in the senior squad with a champions league winners medal and he is a firm favourite with the Bernabau fans (which takes some doing). It is an insult to play Heskey on the left when Macca is available. Heskey is nothing other than a battering ram and should be nowhere near the England squad.
Tue 05/06/01 at 16:00
I think that there will be just the one goal in it, either 2-1 or 1-0 to England. If they play the way that they have played since Sven took over then it should be fairly comfortable. The only problem might be the crowds, our fans are bad enough but that little corner of Europe is not known for its warm and friendly welcomes, especially towards English Fans. I noticed today though that people convicted of crowd violence have to hand their Passports to the Local Police to stop them going abroad for the match. This has to be a good idea, but I bet that it doesn't stop it all.
Tue 05/06/01 at 16:08
Hatboy wrote:
> I think that there will be just the one goal in it, either 2-1 or 1-0 to England. If they play the way that they have played since Sven took over then it should be fairly comfortable. The only problem might be the crowds, our fans are bad enough but that little corner of Europe is not known for its warm and friendly welcomes, especially towards English Fans. I noticed today though that people convicted of crowd violence have to hand their Passports to the Local Police to stop them going abroad for the match. This has to be a good idea, but I bet that it doesn't stop it all.

The government have done that simply because they do not want England fans rioting the night before a general election. The trouble is you only need a handful of trouble makers within a large crowd in order to generate mayhem. I do not think football voilence will ever be eradicated until authorities from all countries learn to crack the problem together. Countries like Turkey and Greece are twenty years behind in terms of dealing with football hooligans. These countries are therefore a magnet for our trouble makers.
Tue 05/06/01 at 16:13
no10 wrote:
> Pmac wrote:

It will be a travesty if he plays Seaman in goal.
> Nigel Martyn more than proved himself the other week (again) and
> Seaman is a flapping clown with dodgy hair. Also play Macca on left
> instead of that useless big Heskey Gorilla who falls down from the
> draught of a wayward paper clip.

Six months ago I would have
> agreed that Seaman should be dropped. However, he has has regained
> his form and I would bet the England back four would always prefer
> Seaman in goal. He is a big game player and should definately

> remain Englands No1 - for the timebeing at least.

Macca should
> play on the left instead of Heskey. He is the ONLY player in the
> senior squad with a champions league winners medal and he is a firm
> favourite with the Bernabau fans (which takes some doing). It is an
> insult to play Heskey on the left when Macca is available. Heskey
> is nothing other than a battering ram and should be nowhere near the
> England squad.

Tony..........Tony....Tony, its all over for the pirate and I wish you could accept that. He was flapping wildly at crosses right up to ther last day of the season. Arsene has recognised that and that ios why he is getting a replacement. How can you honestly say that Seaman is now a better keeper than Martyn?
Tue 05/06/01 at 16:25
Pmac wrote:
> How can you honestly say that Seaman is now a better keeper than Martyn?

I did not say that actually. Martyn possibly does have the edge but Seaman has all the experience - and remember that the current England team is very young so I would say that Svenn is right to leave the big man in goal for now. In all the games that Seaman has played for England I can only think a 2 or 3 mistakes he has made which have led to goals against. Remember that Martyn has only represented England once in a real big match (Romania in Euro 2000) and he was found wanting.
Tue 05/06/01 at 16:32
Regular
"Great Scott's"
My predictions for the england line up:
GK - SEAMAN
LEFT BACK - A.COLE
RIGHT BACK - G.NEVILLE
C.DEFENCE - FERDINAND
C.DEFENCE - KEOWN
LEFT MID - MCMANAMAN
RIGHT MID - BECKHAM
C.MID - SCHOLES
C.MID - GERRARD IF FIT, OR NICKY BUTT
FORWARD - FOLWER
FORWARD - OWEN
Tue 05/06/01 at 16:33
You also seem to have forgotten the fact that Seman made two excellent and crucial saves from Jari Litmanen in the Finland game at Anfield.

Some people have such short memories - or don't know a football from a snooker cue.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.