GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wot made Zelda, Zelda and was as good as everyone said it was?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/10/04 at 15:01
Regular
I was thinking last night how they made zelda a unique game, i mean sure it was a long tough challange but the graphic's wern't to good and the plot was stretched that made it anoyingly irritating, a bit like thinking this game isn't long enough lets add somthing on to it.
wot do you lot think?
Sat 16/10/04 at 15:01
Regular
I was thinking last night how they made zelda a unique game, i mean sure it was a long tough challange but the graphic's wern't to good and the plot was stretched that made it anoyingly irritating, a bit like thinking this game isn't long enough lets add somthing on to it.
wot do you lot think?
Sat 16/10/04 at 15:29
Regular
I think you've chosen the wrong forum. And The Legend of Zelda has a very simple plot. "Princess captured. Get Triforce pieces. Rescue Zelda."

Never heard such a complicated plot in all my life...
Sat 16/10/04 at 16:59
"Retarded List"
In my opinion, Zelda is nothing special. Combat is awkward, puzzles are too easy and appear too often. And as for the plot... The least said the better. I would give it 6/10. And i'm not a fan boy. Before anyone says anything.
Sat 16/10/04 at 17:00
Regular
"\\"
Hmm... He never said it was complicated though, just stretched out, and I guess you kinda agreed with him there.

Replying to Edgy.
Sat 16/10/04 at 17:11
Regular
The plot being a little stretched out is better than sitting there tapping A throughout tonnes and tonnes of text giving you a complex plot in which you have to do exactly the same as in any other game of its type.

For example, was there really any need for all that speach in Metal Gear Solid 2? It may have made the game last longer - but it didn't actually extend the gameplay in any way. I just got bored and turned it off.

Plots are all good and well but only when there's gameplay to balance it out. If you're wearing out your A button skipping text all the time, then you have to ask yourself whether you're really getting value for money.
Sat 16/10/04 at 17:31
Regular
Sorry about the rong forum but all this tlk on game play has made me think wot balenced games there are du u no any?
Sat 16/10/04 at 19:34
Regular
The most balanced games were those of yesteryear.

For example, Banjo Kazooie. Nice simple plot, excellent gameplay.
Sat 16/10/04 at 20:27
Regular
Cheers edgy u actually helped me out with me and m8 arguing.
Sat 16/10/04 at 20:30
Regular
Intriguing - what was the actual argument then?
Sat 16/10/04 at 20:46
Regular
Me and him were trying to find the best game on any console and i kept saying mario 64 and him saying zelda but in the end once i read you massege i realized niether were. There both not quite there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.