GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal gear snake eater old guy wtf?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/08/05 at 11:06
Regular
"always swirling"
so i come to a cut scene where the scientist guy wets himself from fear while ocelot is juggleing with guns and volgin punches the wall and the fear runs over the water to go find me.

so anyways i just got myself a brand spanking new sniper riffle and so i am in to do so beloved croutch shots on the soilders when i see the old guy (the end) in the wheelchair is being wheeled out.
so i thinks to myself 'sod im' and i got him with a few sweet head shots.

the sound goes quiet and then a voice booms 'THE END!' and the old guy blows up and his wheelchair wheel flies through the air and smacks me in the face.

upshot of the matter is that i am in the white flower field final battle with the boos and to this moment have never had to face the boss 'the end' in battle.

is this normal/ have i done something horribly wrong?
cos all my mates say they faced the end in a sniper battle in the woods lol

im wellconfused
Wed 17/08/05 at 19:18
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
You can indeed kill him at the warehouse, all that happens is when you get to the part where you're meant to fight The End the forest is just full of guards. You can also beat him by starting the battle, saving and setting the ps2 clock forward 10 days. When you load up you'll get a message saying The End has died from old age and get a load of stick from your friends on the codec

Was a great boss battle though, all those years in Army games camping about the place and picking off enemies really helped :-D
Wed 17/08/05 at 16:31
Regular
Took me a while to notice that where he's sniping appears on your map. Oh, and a good tactic that I used to beat him:

Use a feign death pill, then when he runs over, revive yourself, put on the thermal goggles, and chase his footprints. Every so often he stops for breath, so just cap him in the head repeatedly until he dies. Just make sure you don't lose him.
Wed 17/08/05 at 16:16
Regular
Not a bad tactic, that's for sure, well done! I tended to run around with the directional mic and go from area to area until I found him. Staying healthy didn't seem to be a problem until the little trip back to prison - I'd been using the infra red goggles and hadn't noticed the stamina bar ticking down swiftly.
Wed 17/08/05 at 16:09
Regular
"The definitive tag"
He made a few mistakes when I fought him. I just lay inside a hollowed out tree trunk for about ten minutes because I was sick of getting shot. By sheer luck it turned out to be one near of his spots and the idiot stood right in front of me so I had a clean shot at his legs. I pumped almost an entire clip into him before he could run off.

I always stayed in one part of the level (it was split into three, I think). It made things easier because he always kept going to the same four or five sniping spots. It was just a question of getting into a place where I could hit him but he couldn't hit me.
Wed 17/08/05 at 15:11
Regular
If I'm honest, it took me even longer! I spent ages getting his stun/stamina health down only to find that he took a nice nap and was fully recovered afterwards. I then started using the proper guns and sniper rifles etc... but again a small setback. I got his health to within a millimeter of the end of the End and didn't notice I'd been got by a poison dart - wasn't long before I ended up in prison making my way back to fight The End again. Much easier arriving the second time though when I knew what to do. Took just over 2 hours though in the end (tee hee).
Wed 17/08/05 at 13:44
Regular
"The definitive tag"
You can go back and fight all the bosses when you finish the game anyway. The End was a hell of a fight though, took me the best part of an hour. The most fun I've had on a game for a long time.
Wed 17/08/05 at 11:14
Regular
I saw this in PSM2 in the hints section. Its possible to kill The End when you see him in the chair (as you did) and then you don't have to face him in the forest. Not sure how you progress, but I guess you're just allowed straight through.

However... the battle with The End is one of the best I've ever played in a game and I'd definitely recommend doing it (perhaps keep an old save there so you can have a go properly if you haven't already).
Wed 17/08/05 at 11:09
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Sounds a bit made up to me...
Wed 17/08/05 at 11:06
Regular
"always swirling"
so i come to a cut scene where the scientist guy wets himself from fear while ocelot is juggleing with guns and volgin punches the wall and the fear runs over the water to go find me.

so anyways i just got myself a brand spanking new sniper riffle and so i am in to do so beloved croutch shots on the soilders when i see the old guy (the end) in the wheelchair is being wheeled out.
so i thinks to myself 'sod im' and i got him with a few sweet head shots.

the sound goes quiet and then a voice booms 'THE END!' and the old guy blows up and his wheelchair wheel flies through the air and smacks me in the face.

upshot of the matter is that i am in the white flower field final battle with the boos and to this moment have never had to face the boss 'the end' in battle.

is this normal/ have i done something horribly wrong?
cos all my mates say they faced the end in a sniper battle in the woods lol

im wellconfused

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.