GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm really curious..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/08/05 at 15:29
Regular
... as to how many views this thread will get.
Thu 18/08/05 at 14:48
Regular
"Beer( . )Gut!"
Nice one............not doin bad so far.

*wishes he'd thought of that*

FCB
Wed 17/08/05 at 14:26
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Sauber aren't doing to bad, but JV gets on my nerves - why doesn't he
> just get it over with and retire properly?

I know what you mean! He's still got some talent, but he just can't seem to do anything unless he's in the dominant car.

> I think that if they [Mclaren] lose the championship it will be because
> they threw it away rather than Renault actually winning it.

Absolutely - retirements, mistakes, poor tactics, careless driving :D I guess I really don't like Mclaren (particularly Ron Dennis). People say Michael Schumacher is arogant, but try listening to Ron Dennis for more than five minutes. If they win, its because of him, if they lose, its not his fault, there was nothing he could do.

> As for an over hyped Raikkonen, if he's that average, how come JPM
> has done more?

Montoya has had lots of difficulties this year. Firstly, changing team is never easy, even if its not a great excuse. Secondly he was out injured for a while stopping him before he could find a rythm and forcing him to start all over again. Also, that black flag incident was unfair and also Mclaren's fault if you ask me. He had been doing fantastically well in that race but was let down by his team as he so often is. To me, he seems like he is treated the same way as many people think Barrichello is. I'm not the biggest Montoya fan, particularly when he's out causing accidents, but I've always be impressed by his driving - some great overtaking, fantastic restarts after safety cars and generally more exciting racing than Monotone Kimi.

> As for Williams etc, as far as I've read they have sponsors lined up
> because JB will be driving for them,

Yeh, I'd heard a lot of sponsors had got behind them because JB was British. Still, if I was one of the decision makers, as you pointed out, I wouldn't want a driver who just didn't want to be there.

> As for Indy, the whole thing was a farce. If they really
> wanted a race to go ahead, then something would have been worked out.
> Too many egos...

Can't argue there!
Wed 17/08/05 at 13:39
Regular
ssxpro wrote:
> Yep, PhD is still in maths - asymptotic and transient behaviour of
> nonlinear control systems

I'll pretend I understood some of that, just to make you feel better :-)

See I don't mind Coulthard now he's at RBR - at McLaren I didn't like him much, but I'm not sure how much of that was coporate image...

Sauber aren't doing to bad, but JV gets on my nerves - why doesn't he just get it over with and retire properly? As for Massa, I don't really rate him at all. I think Ferrari have just got him in as a nice quite number 2 - someone who'll basically do as they say - rather than looking to him to replace Schuey in a couple of years. I'm glad Rubens has left I don't think he could ever reach his full potential serving under Schuey - but then who can?

I think Renault were definitely the fastest team in the first few races but McLaren definitely have the edge in pace now. I think that if they lose the championship it will be because they threw it away rather than Renault actually winning it.

As for an over hyped Raikkonen, if he's that average, how come JPM has done more?

As for Williams etc, as far as I've read they have sponsors lined up because JB will be driving for them, if he doesn't then Williams could be well and truly stuffed. They've got the Cosworth engine lined up, so they shouldn't be too shabby in that department next year.

As for JB himself, surely Williams won't want a driver who doesn't actually want to be there? I've got a feeling he's going to end up there, leaving a vacant seat at BAR - possibly for Davidson? I think Sato is definitely out, unless he can put in a couple of stunning drives in the next few races.

As for Indy, the whole thing was a farce. If they really wanted a race to go ahead, then something would have been worked out. Too many egos...
Wed 17/08/05 at 10:44
Regular
Yep, PhD is still in maths - asymptotic and transient behaviour of nonlinear control systems, which, like the Dreamcast, is really exciting to about 20 people in the world.

> Swimming has taken over three evenings a week - a desk job means I
> have to do far more exercise to keep in trim.

I know the feeling! My fitness has gone down hill recently too. I also work in an office now and just sit here with stuff to read all over the place. Really makes keeping fit a challenge. Well done to you for getting that many swims in during the week! I've gone from 10 hours a week down to 2 at the moment (tops!).

I know what you mean about RBR, its good to see a team like that doing well, but I've never liked Coulthard, so I still have difficulties there. I'm much happier to see Sauber doing well (speaking of which, Felipe Massa replacing Rubens at Ferrari... could be interesting). I think Mclaren must be gutted this year though. Partially through reliability, but also through Raikkonen doing poorly (I think he's totally over-hyped) they've lost a great chance to win the lot when they've definitely had the best car in a lot of the races so far (though admittedly there were a few that suited Renault more early on).

> What do you think of the whole Jenson / Williams / BMW saga?

I don't like that whole thing. I would like to see Button at BAR, at a team he gets on with and one that may improve in the future. Williams are always a threat and may come back again, but they're really struggling at the moment. On top of that, its not exactly going to be happy families at Williams if they force Button to go there. Since Barrichello is going to BAR though it seems like Button is definitely on the way out. It seems like Button's fault though for trying to leave BAR before and getting both teams angry at him. How about yourself? Similar opinion? Same question on the US Grand Prix, what did ya think? I quite enjoyed it (apart from the racing) because it was the most people had talked about F1 all year and was actually quite interesting. Probably a good thing that no serious action was taken against the teams though - I like a Ferrari victory, but wouldn't have wanted Ferrari to win the championship just because other teams were excluded!
Wed 17/08/05 at 10:32
Regular
Nice one about the PhD. Still in maths is it?

I don't seem to have time for much film viewing or gaming to be honest. I've still got an xbox but not enough hours in the day!

Swimming has taken over three evenings a week - a desk job means I have to do far more exercise to keep in trim. Unfortunately I realised this too late, so I actually have to get back in trim first of all. Still 100 lengths three times a week should soon sort that out. Do you still go?

As for the F1 I'm glad it's not really a walkover for any one team this year. The new rules did look like they had created interesting racing at the beginning of the season but I think that may have been more down to the tires not lasting the distance. Now that they can we're back to more of a procession again.

I'm glad Red Bull are doing reasonably well, I do like an underdog, and RBR have taken over from Jordan in that respect now.

What do you think of the whole Jenson / Williams / BMW saga?
Wed 17/08/05 at 10:14
Regular
BAR will rise and conquer Ferrari and Renault.

Although I am quite partial to a McLaren win ;)
Wed 17/08/05 at 10:08
Regular
"Baros!!!"
There were more than 2 I bet you.
Wed 17/08/05 at 10:08
Regular
Okay, that was fast! Now we're at 1000+ somebody is keen on the refresh button methinks!
Wed 17/08/05 at 10:01
Regular
Also, woah! Wasn't me this time, but somebody has the counter up to well over 500!
Wed 17/08/05 at 09:59
Regular
That's excellent news! You might not want to say on the forums, so ignore the question if you like, but where are you working? Anywhere fun? Glad that you and your lady friend are all settled!

Things sound quite similar over here, though still tax dodging as you say. I'm just finishing the first year of a PhD, which is fun. I've also recently moved house and am now sharing with my girlfriend.

Are you still gaming, or are you more into the movies and stuff now? I still keep the PS2 going on a regular basis, but definitely find myself spending more time looking at movies than at games.

Also, what do you think of the F1 this year? I'm disappointed because I like it when Schumacher does well, but I have enjoyed the season because of some interesting races. There haven't been any truly amazing performances in my opinion, its always seemed like the winning car was the best left on the track, but its been kinda fun. I think I'd prefer it if the Ferraris were up to the standard of the Renaults and Mclarens to make it more of a fair fight, but in F1 there always seems to be one team with an edge.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.