GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Say goodbye to the wall"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/08/05 at 11:17
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Started a new job today at Redmills. They asked me if I had a forlift license, which I had only for the Kombi trucks.

There were no kombi trucks so he puts me on a forklift which I have never drove before, and is totally different that what I have driven. I told him that I didn't know how to drive this one, in which he said he'll show me.

He was showing me what buttons was what and then he come to the forward and reverse buttons. My foot was on the pedal and when he showed me rreverse and pulled the handle down, not knowing my foot was on the pedal. The forklift when full speed backwards and straight through the wall. Didn't have time to press the brake as didn't know where it was, as it was in a different place to the one what I had driven before.
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:17
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Started a new job today at Redmills. They asked me if I had a forlift license, which I had only for the Kombi trucks.

There were no kombi trucks so he puts me on a forklift which I have never drove before, and is totally different that what I have driven. I told him that I didn't know how to drive this one, in which he said he'll show me.

He was showing me what buttons was what and then he come to the forward and reverse buttons. My foot was on the pedal and when he showed me rreverse and pulled the handle down, not knowing my foot was on the pedal. The forklift when full speed backwards and straight through the wall. Didn't have time to press the brake as didn't know where it was, as it was in a different place to the one what I had driven before.
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:20
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Unlucky. Do you still have the job?
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:30
Regular
He's at home on the internet, what do you think?
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:32
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Ha.

Can't script that.

Good story even if it did cost you a job.
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:33
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Nope, sent me home.
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:33
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> He's at home on the internet, what do you think?

Haha, good thinking. I once drove a quad into a friends garage door, but I was only about 10 at the time and he never told me where the brake was either.
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:36
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for you.
Unlukcy mate.
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:43
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Foreman wrote:
> Nope, sent me home.

Not all bad then...
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:46
Regular
He can't dismiss you.

You can basically take him to a tribunal because

A) You don't have a FLT lisence
B) He forced you into doing it
C) He broke every health and safety rule in the book
D) - You don't have a lisence.

Meh.

Get as much money off them as possible.
Tue 16/08/05 at 11:48
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Does it make any difference if it's an agency?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.