GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Assasination of Richard Nixon"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/08/05 at 23:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Watched this tonight.
One of those worthy films that has Oscar stamped all over it - you know the type.
It's good but not what I'd call enjoyable, spending 90mins in the company of a coiled-spring maniac is never a barrel of laughs but is a good watch.
Penn is quality as Sam Bicke, failed husband and failed person. All twitches and nervous subservience to all and sundry, it's not a question of if but when he's going to go postal.
A person who initially appears to be the righteous crusader who will not tolerate lying or dishonesty slowly reveals himself to be slightly unhinged with violence just below the surface.
And you can fully understand why he ended up divorced, because his puritannical attitude towards life would be unbearable. Or, as his soon-to-be ex says "You're gonna lose another job Sam".
A person that sees himself as above everything, better than everybody else because he sees the world his way and anybody that doesn't is immoral and wrong.

It would be easy to see Bicke as the victim, a put-upon everyman who is pushed beyond the limits. But it quickly becomes clear that his reactions to everyday events are not normal.
As his friend and partner says "You have rights, sure. You have a right to pay your bills, to pay for your kids" when Bicke goes off on a rant about his boss not having the right to treat him with disrespect.
A complete intolerance for the world around him because it doesn't fit in with his version.

So, in summary, a good film but not necessarily an enjoyable one.
Mon 15/08/05 at 23:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Watched this tonight.
One of those worthy films that has Oscar stamped all over it - you know the type.
It's good but not what I'd call enjoyable, spending 90mins in the company of a coiled-spring maniac is never a barrel of laughs but is a good watch.
Penn is quality as Sam Bicke, failed husband and failed person. All twitches and nervous subservience to all and sundry, it's not a question of if but when he's going to go postal.
A person who initially appears to be the righteous crusader who will not tolerate lying or dishonesty slowly reveals himself to be slightly unhinged with violence just below the surface.
And you can fully understand why he ended up divorced, because his puritannical attitude towards life would be unbearable. Or, as his soon-to-be ex says "You're gonna lose another job Sam".
A person that sees himself as above everything, better than everybody else because he sees the world his way and anybody that doesn't is immoral and wrong.

It would be easy to see Bicke as the victim, a put-upon everyman who is pushed beyond the limits. But it quickly becomes clear that his reactions to everyday events are not normal.
As his friend and partner says "You have rights, sure. You have a right to pay your bills, to pay for your kids" when Bicke goes off on a rant about his boss not having the right to treat him with disrespect.
A complete intolerance for the world around him because it doesn't fit in with his version.

So, in summary, a good film but not necessarily an enjoyable one.
Mon 15/08/05 at 23:14
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I always think Penn does a good job. Since it has him in, I might give it a check.
Mon 15/08/05 at 23:16
Regular
"8==="
Is this the movie Bell trains to then?
Tue 16/08/05 at 08:15
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/review.php?id=55[/URL]

*cough*

Yeah, you're right, it's definitely one of those 'We present... for your consideration' type movies but it's still very good.

The one scene that got me was where he just gets fired from his job for being too honest, then explodes in a fit of rage at a stack of TVs with Nixon on. "It's all 'bout the money, Dick!"
Tue 16/08/05 at 08:24
Regular
"jpc"
New user to DIVX, could you tell me the best sites to download movies, have looked at a couple and the choice seems to be pathetic.
Tue 16/08/05 at 10:15
Regular
"serenity now!"
I thought this was an amazing film, one of my favourite of this year. His journey from the beginning of the film to the end is utterly believable - you can literally see him unravelling.

I also love the idea of renaming the Black Panthers to The Zebras.

edit: Sorry well head, but we can't give you those sort of links here. The internet's a big place, and there's a lot of info about that sort of thing.
Tue 16/08/05 at 10:44
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
well head wrote:
> New user to DIVX, could you tell me the best sites to download movies,
> have looked at a couple and the choice seems to be pathetic.

That's secret knowledge. You have to be initiated into the cult of "Arrr, me hearties!" before you can be told.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.