GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Super MASSIVE Playstation Clearout Sale by Icarus"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/08/05 at 00:44
Slimline PS2, excellent cond, with all required cables, official controller: with the following games, all boxed with instructions.

MGS3
Eyetoy Play 2 w/ Camera

Max Disk, unboxed. (used for transferring Game Saves to and from PC, downloading new ones from the net)

All above for £100 inc. P&P.

PSP
-----

Coded Arms - £23
MLB - £15
PSP Disc Holder - £3
Sandisk 1GB Memory Stick Pro Duo, Adaptor included - £60

If you're interested in any of the above, [URL]mailto:[email protected]?subject=Super Playstation Sale on SR[/URL] to contact me.
Sun 14/08/05 at 19:49
kugkv wrote:

> MLB - Can you describe how you bat and pitch? Like for example, do
> you have the option to choose the batting/pitching style before
> swinging, and then how do you swing?

This may get a little long winded. Pitching is simple - depending on the pitcher, there's a choice of 4 delivery types (fast ball, curve, slider etc.) After deciding on the type, you can change the positioning of the throw just before pitching.

There are 2 batting types - beginner, and veteran. The former simply requires you to get the timing right, though other factors such as type of delivery, position of ball and speed will have a difference. You can time it so that a ball pitched near the batter's body and swung early will mean the ball will change direction more than if swung late.

Veteran is the same as above, but before the pitch you have to use the analog nub to get the approximate position of where the ball pitch (there are 9 zones to choose from). The closer you are to the right zone, or if you choose the right one, the better contact you'll have with the ball. Likewise, the sooner you choose the zone (you can decide up until delivery), the better chance you'll have of good contact and power behind it.

Finally, before the pitch starts, hold down R and choose a face button to guess the pitch type. Guess correctly and a ball marker will appear, showing you where the ball will be pitched at, essentially giving you the 1-up on how to deal with the ball. Hitting it will also be easier (a fast ball with the marker is practically a home run).

So there you have it - the anatomy of pitching and batting in MLB. A long winded description, but it really is completely natural when playing.
Sun 14/08/05 at 18:37
Regular
Obviously, but I did get it from PC world and you know what thier prices are like. Spose you could get them on ebay for about 80 quid now. I dunno.

For 40 quid, you'll get a 512 stick off ebay.
Sun 14/08/05 at 18:23
Regular
"Mozzy"
Bloody hell, £115 for a 1gb stick? Thats madness, i'd never spend that much on a memory stick, the highest i'd go is £40.
Sun 14/08/05 at 18:14
Regular
I got it from PC world, was the last one in stock so just bought it as I wanted stick alot of stuff on before I went away.

Still might be interested in it for 60 quid though, for a mate. I'll see.

MLB - Can you describe how you bat and pitch? Like for example, do you have the option to choose the batting/pitching style before swinging, and then how do you swing?
Sun 14/08/05 at 16:19
kugkv wrote:
> I would have taken the 1gb stick if I hadnt just bought one for
> £115.
>
> :(
>
> Whats MLB like?

Ouch. The highest I've seen them go for was £100 inc P&P, but recently production has stepped up, so they're far cheaper now.

MLB - great game, and that's from someone who wasn't a fan before. However, it got a tad repetitive after playing 3 full seasons in the space of one month. It's like I know the game inside out now.
Sun 14/08/05 at 13:57
Regular
I would have taken the 1gb stick if I hadnt just bought one for £115.

:(

Whats MLB like?
Sun 14/08/05 at 13:15
Paradox: wrote:
> lcarus wrote:
> Slimlines are going for just below £100 on ebay.
>
> ebay it then

Nice to see the education system isn't letting us down on the deductive side.

Also, POP
Sun 14/08/05 at 01:30
Regular
"SOUP!"
lcarus wrote:
> Slimlines are going for just below £100 on ebay.

ebay it then
Sun 14/08/05 at 00:55
Regular
Yeah, I did a quick check mself.

To be honest, that's a bit steep if the X-box 360 is coming out in just a few months.

That and I bought a new Gamecube for 40 quid back in January.

Ah well.

I was thinking of getting my brother one for his birthday since his old one broke, but anything over 60 quid is far too steep.
Sun 14/08/05 at 00:51
Slimlines are going for just below £100 on ebay.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.